Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making the gun fit me?

Aiden

On the topic of the right side mag release, I tried one out because I have short thumbs and felt like I lost time on mag changes by regripping. I now have them on my Grundhauser 1911 and infinity 2011. 1 second reloads are no problem on the timer. I even plan on switching the mag release to the right side on my accushadow. For what it's worth.

Well, the paddle is installed. It's clocked to about 1:30 and there's an extra power mag release spring on the way. No flipping necessary! But might just go the route of the big Dawson button and cut it down since I only need another two millimeters of length over the lopro. Reloads are sitting comfortably in the .8-.9 range in tonight's brief, post-install dryfire, and weak hand is sitting comfortably "off" the paddle.

The Nitro Fin has been removed until I can properly do a detent. Went back to flagging my thumbs since it works, why mess with it. And I kinda wish it was further out, so I'll lend it to a buddy in the meantime.

Brazos Big Mouth is ordered and on the way. Goodbye beaten up STI magwell!

EGW ambi safety is ordered and on the way. Opted against the shielded safeties. Pressing my strong hand thumb up against the slide while riding my STI safety did not result in a malfunction, so I deemed it unnecessary. Weak hand thumb dragging would still cause malfunctions, so still flagging it.

Brazos ignition kit is ordered and on the way as well. I had an instance of hammer follow to half-cock at tonight's match. While I replaced the sear spring (because I bought it used, who knows what was done to it), I saw it as a good a reason as any to order up all the aforementioned goodies. Will fit my STI safety to it for a backup, then fit the EGW to it afterward. Undecided if I'll install or a local smith.

Sticking with the flat MSH for now, since it's free, blended, and I'm kinda used to it. But now that the paddle is back on, possibilities are endless! Might grab an Arched at some point just to try it out, or steal it from an SS gun. Same goes with the trigger, I might try the gunsmith blank and get creative down the road, but for now I'm turning my Edge into ... a much more expensive Edge haha!