Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE @ Silver Creek Conservation Club July 31, 2016

First off, I know that this is not going to be the 4th Sunday of the month like usual, for some reason I had the calendar marked wrong and I am unable to move things around to get it set up the 24th.

Second, last match was a bear of a match and we had some difficulties that were created because of mistakes on my part. Without delving too far into that, I am aiming for a smaller match, still plenty of shooting involved, but less complicated and a LOT less steel to haul around.

For this match we are going to be shooting the ICORE International Postal Match which will cover about 126 rounds minimum across 4 stages. The scoring will be done with the score sheets they provide and we will be submitting those to ICORE for those who want to have their scores posted for the IPM. We are also going to shoot 2 steel challenge stages; Showdown and Speed Option, which will acount for 50 rounds minimum. So the total minimum round count will be 176.

We will be setting up the Saturday before the match (the 30th) and any help is appreciated.

Match fees are as they usually are, $15 for non-club members, $10 for club members, $5 for MIL/LE/FIRE/EMS. Anybody willing to help set up or RO will shoot free. Any questions post here, or email me at icorestu@gmail.com

For those who are unaware of what the Postal Match is, here is a breif explanation of it. It is a series of stages designed by the ICORE home organization and are designed to be able to allow any affiliated club to be able to shoot without the need for lots of equipment (steel). It is paper only match, all clubs set up the stages the same way and submit their scores to be tabulated and the scores are published. It is a means to compete in a single match across the entire organization, without having to travel a long ways (such as you would have for a regional or national championship). The other benefit of this match is that it can be shot in Rimfire Division also. It is supposed to be a means to introduce people to ICORE without requiring a lot of gear initially.

Also, since the IPM allows for Rimfire Division, so will the steel challenge stages. So if any compeitior wants to shoot the entire match with in Rimfire Division, they are welcome to do so.

For those wishing to shoot Rimfire Division and may not have a holster, many of us have extra and if you ask ahead of time we can bring it out for you to use. The other option is to shoot from ready position for Rimfire Division. Please make sure you have enough speedloaders for the stages also.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the scores for this month's ICORE match. Had a good time shooting with everybody, it was nice having a little smaller match this time and not having to suffer the heat all day. Thanks to all who helped setting up and helping the match run smoothly.

http://silvercreekcc.org/files/2016/08/ICORE-SCORES-7_31_16.pdf