Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone gotten a Grand Power to run Steel cased ammo?

My K100 just won't digest it! Anything steel cased it won't extract round after round. I have to manually work the slide to clear the chamber. Sometimes it even locks solid where the barrel won't rotate to allow the slide to go back. This even happens with Freedom's new brass coated steel 9mm rounds.

I am confident it is because of the "match" stepped chamber design.

Sorry...I thought this was about the Xcalibur. I did not think the K100 had the stepped chamber...mine does not.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

I run Tula thru my K100 all the time have not had any issues. It's been 100 percent with any ammo I've tried so far.

I did not think the K100 had a stepped chamber....only the xcal.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

My K100 just won't digest it! Anything steel cased it won't extract round after round. I have to manually work the slide to clear the chamber. Sometimes it even locks solid where the barrel won't rotate to allow the slide to go back. This even happens with Freedom's new brass coated steel 9mm rounds.

I have a K100. It has functioned perfectly with steel cased ammo, brass, aluminum, etc, but I understand that doesn't help you. I didn't have to do anything to "get it to run" besides load the magazines.

Yesterday I shot it with a fairly stout charge of HS6, and some sub minor steel challenge type loads. So far it seems to like everything.

What does brass look like coming out? Have you taken a look at the chamber?

I don't know if I have any steel cased ammo left, but will try to get some before my next trip and make a video. My K100 has the stepped chamber and stops every round... HARD! Is the pistol in the video a stepped design or straight cut?

I don't know if I have any steel cased ammo left, but will try to get some before my next trip and make a video. My K100 has the stepped chamber and stops every round... HARD! Is the pistol in the video a stepped design or straight cut?

Straight as it my P45. I don't think you will get the stepped chamber to run any steel case reliably.

A picture is worth a thousand words if you could possibly take a picture of your straight cut chamber. I would really appreciate it!

It looks like most every other pistol barrels chamber. I think the HK 30L might be stepped as well, but this

stepped chamber is the exception not the rule.