Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

170mm Mbx issues

Chips0410

I'm needing some advice on a mag issue. Im Running a 170mm Mbx 9mm/38 in a 9mm dvc open. With new springs I loaded the mag to 29 and let it sit for 24 hours as advised by several other shooters.. The issue araising is I'm having rounds nosedive about 5-6 rounds into the mag and not wanting to load the next round ... Once I take the mag out and strip 2-3 rounds out the rest of the mag will run fine ... Any help on the matter would be appreciated

A few things to check:

Feed lip dimensions--front should be slightly wider than the back. Feed lips should be smooth and free of burrs.

Disconnector rail--make sure the front doesn't have a sharp edge or burrs. Most have a slight bevel.

Ejector--make sure it's not making contact with the top round in the magazine. If it is, relieve it a bit.

Try putting the "Enos Bend" into your mag spring.

A few things to check:

Feed lip dimensions--front should be slightly wider than the back. Feed lips should be smooth and free of burrs.

Disconnector rail--make sure the front doesn't have a sharp edge or burrs. Most have a slight bevel.

Ejector--make sure it's not making contact with the top round in the magazine. If it is, relieve it a bit.

Isn't the enos bend specifically for issues with rounds rolling under the follower, not nose dives?

A few things to check:

Isn't the enos bend specifically for issues with rounds rolling under the follower, not nose dives?

The Enos bend is done to help the bullet column take a more nose up attitude as it comes to the top of the mag. It has nothing to do with bullets rolling under the follower.

Ive purchased 2 170mm mbx mags and have issues with both first one rounds would end up inside mag body ,sent back and seems to be ok. Bought another and have constand nose diving of rounds. Stinks you can't call Adrian, only email so he doesn't have to deal with us on phone I guess... Absurd you pay 200 for a mag that doesn't run...

I have two 170mm 40cal magazines from MBX for a 40cal open gun project I'm building. I took the mags with me to the range to break in the new limited guns I'm building. Had a problem with the follower popping out of the top of the magazine. I contacted Adrian and he told me what to do to fix my problem. The mags run without any problems now.

That's not normal with MBX. It should run and no tunning needed. Just give them a call and they will send you a new one.

I though it was normal, I had to fix my feed lips to get my DVC Open to run with MBX mags. I use the Dawson mag kit to work my mags.

That's not normal with MBX. It should run and no tunning needed. Just give them a call and they will send you a new one.

I though it was normal, I had to fix my feed lips to get my DVC Open to run with MBX mags. I use the Dawson mag kit to work my mags.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's just a batch of mags.

I was able to get one response from Adrian and then nothing back in response ... I did do the Enos bend to my 170 and the mag ran flawless for me in last weeks match in my dvc open ... Hoping the 170 and my two 140 Mbx's keep running as state match is closely approaching

• 7 months later...

Thread revive. Round under Follower fix? Had a round roll under the follower on an mbx 140 with only 10 rounds loaded. I tilted the follower prior as per Atlas video recommends to prevent it but still happened. What is the short fix for this specific problem? it has only happened with this one mag one time but one time is too many for my liking and I dont want it happening again. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had some problems with the MBX's in my DVC Limited.  It ended up a to be a combination of things.  I had to tune the feed lips on about half of the mags after about 6 months of use.  I needed new Springs as mine were visibly twisted at rest.  I also had problems with the STI extractor tuning. 

I also found I needed to excercise the rounds up and down with the UpLula after every 5 to 10 rounds while loading.  MBX recommends this for full capacity loading.  I've found this is necessary for reliability too.

Edited by mvslay