Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how will 3 gun work in CA. ?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 gun will be 3 gun with 10 round mags. Depending on how your rifle is classified will determine the ease (or not) of reloading. Equipment will be in divisions according to type, as it is now. Bolt action only will have to wait until the next batch of laws.

I follow Jesse James and carry 8 revolvers.

Everyone has to register their bullet button ARs with the state DOJ.

Everyone has to turn in all HiCaps or take out of state and give away or sell.

Everyone is moving to Tombstone.

3 gun will be 3 gun with 10 round mags. Depending on how your rifle is classified will determine the ease (or not) of reloading. Equipment will be in divisions according to type, as it is now. Bolt action only will have to wait until the next batch of laws.

It's so hard to read people's emotions on the interwebz, but it almost sounded like you had a straight face while typing that.

It's so hard to read people's emotions on the interwebz, but it almost sounded like you had a straight face while typing that.

I did. Still do.

most people were't really following the rules before these new laws. hard to say what will happen now...

Pretty much this. We have shipped quite a few competition guns there. I've asked several times, most guys say they reinstall the original parts and shoot.

Said nobody at the range says anything about noncompliance. However if they got stopped and car searched could be a problem.

I did. Still do.
You seem somewhat unconcerned. May I ask if your a pistol only competitor or if you also shoot 3 gun?

most people were't really following the rules before these new laws. hard to say what will happen now...

Pretty much this. We have shipped quite a few competition guns there. I've asked several times, most guys say they reinstall the original parts and shoot.

Said nobody at the range says anything about noncompliance. However if they got stopped and car searched could be a problem.

The smart ones convert them back to non-AW configurations prior to transport.

I did. Still do.
You seem somewhat unconcerned. May I ask if your a pistol only competitor or if you also shoot 3 gun?

Chuck S. is an all around badass. :)

And we are all very concerned.

Edited by warpspeed

I did. Still do.

Good. The reason I ask is that I've been disturbed lately by comments from pistol only types that say new anti rifle gun laws are fine because they aren't affected. Same as the local old farts say it would be great if pistols where banned because guns should only be used for deer hunting. Point being, we're all on the same side and we have to stick together because the powers that be won't stop once they get "assault rifles" banned entirely.

Now that I'm halfway to the top of my soapbox I'll step back down...

Edited by TonytheTiger

I did. Still do.

Good. The reason I ask is that I've been disturbed lately by comments from pistol only types that say new anti rifle gun laws are fine because they aren't affected. Same as the local old farts say it would be great if pistols where banned because guns should only be used for deer hunting. Point being, we're all on the same side and we have to stick together because the powers that be won't stop once they get "assault rifles" banned entirely.

Now that I'm halfway to the top of my soapbox I'll step back down...

You asked how it was going to work and I gave you a factual answer about the rifle end of it. My old AR was "feature-less" with one of those stupid wraps on the grip to make it "safe". I was going to build a new one but I am not sure anymore. My primary pistol game is open so, yeah, the new laws are changing my game significantly. We have talked about going to other divisions but I keep coming back to the fact if every thing is 10 rounds max, why shoot a gun I like less than my STI. I am waiting to make any decisions until I am mostly sure I am doing it logically and not emotionally.

Yeah, we are real friggin' concerned and any pin head that doesn't see the big picture better look out of their foxhole to see what is really going on. But, I realized a long time ago that maintaining a constant level of anger will grind you down and I am not going to let the bastards do it to me. So, I will be as objective as possible. I am somewhat reluctant to discuss CA laws with out of state folks because many times I don't really get their motivation. I get really pissed when they tell me it is my fault. No, not hardly. I, or more correctly, we , are outnumbered here. That's a fact. I like living here and the bastards are not going to drive me out. There are many places with better gun laws (Mesa and St. George for example) but I don't want to live in either place full time. I am an not sure I want to spend the money to live in multiple places. Time will tell. But yeah, we are angry and worried.

I had a good match today and I hope to have one next week. In the mean time I am going to enjoy the global comfortabling that we are experiencing this month and hope to get some SCUBA diving in.

Take care,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

To you non California shooters, nothing will change except more mag changes.

Sales of 10 round mags will increase and so will mag pouches.

IDPA has the 10 round limit and they have good matches.

Plus since we get to shoot all year round with our great winter weather, we will get a lot of practice at our winter matches.

The big issue for California shooters is attending out of state matches. This will probably be my last 3 gun National in Vegas ( have attended 5 in Vegas) due to mag ownership and transportation.

Edited by Trail3

I just wish they had just made it a 10 round limit and gave us back the mag release for all firearms. Then 10 Rd mag changes would be okay, and while not the best, the rifles would be normal and no stupid button.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk