Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone from Southwest Florida Practical Shooters (Naples/Ft. Myers)

Is there anyone on here that is a member of (or shoots the USPSA matches with) Southwest Florida Practical Shooters?

I'm visiting the area next week and it looks like there are two matches available to me - I'd love to ask a few questions about them to folks that have been.

I've reached out to the club, just looking here as well.

Thanks in advance!

Whatcha need?

Try www.swfps.com and that will give you a calendar of events.

There's always the Thursday night USPSA match at 6pm. The 9th has the monthly IDPA match at 9am and the 10th has a USPSA match at 9am.

Monday nights are IDPA. Cowboy and 3-Gun are weekend events.

That should get you started.

AD

Lucky jack! Great part of the state there, enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We spend a week in Marco every year. It is a great place and it's nice to get away... but don't want to get that far away. :)

Thanks for a great match! I wish I could have finished... but now I'm in the "shooters who've had a part break" camp vs. the "shooters who will have a part break" group.

I ordered a new trigger housing/ejector today and went ahead and ordered new springs (recoil, striker, trigger) as well as a new extractor and plunger rod.

My ejector looked quite worn, as did the extractor, so I'm hoping this fixes the FTE's. It needed a spring update anyway...

Frustrating to not be able to finish, but it was a well-run match with some VERY hospitable shooters and I'll definitely be back next year!