Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Worked on my wifes trigger....causing her DQ

taco101

So my wife has taken to shooting and has been having a ball shooting single stack this year. Her trigger was horrendous though. I put a Brazos trigger in hers just like I have in mine. With mine there was not problems whatsoever. It ran great. Hers appeared to run great......

Fast forward a week to a match in Albuquerque last weekend. She ran one extra shot on a position so she had to reload from slidelock. No worries.....until she slammed the new mag in with vigor causing the slide to fall and a round to launch into the berm. "STOP" . She was DQ'd legit for her AD during a reload.

We got home and I tried it with a dummy round. Sure enough the hammer followed when the slide fell.

Trigger bounce i believe. Adjusted the spring yesterday. Think it's fixed. But dang sure a lesson learned.

A buddy did something similar. Installed a new trigger group in a 2011 and the bow was slightly bent. Of course took it straight to a match and first reload the mag insertion basically pulled the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing to my wifes 2011. First and only DQ she got and I felt terrible not her fault and she had the gun pointed at the berm. It was touch and go for a few moments when I told her why the gun did that was my fault. She was a good sport about it after a few minutes of silence.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...