Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken trigger return spring? Here's the answer....

bowenbuilt

Here is the answer from CGW, adjustable tension with a lifetime warranty:

LPA-Optic-NS-RP-TRS-010-433x325.jpg
LPA-Optic-NS-RP-TRS-018-73x73.jpg
LPA-Optic-NS-RP-TRS-020-73x73.jpg
prev
next

CGW dual extension spring trigger return system. Replaces the break prone OEM single torsion spring. Consists of a precision sleeve that is retained by any trigger pin, including the CGW TR-PIN, a full temper stainless steel spring clip, and 2 music wire extension springs. The utmost in reliability since you have 2 springs. The extension springs have an indefinite lifespan rating. Fits all “classic lock work” 75 series, CZ-97B-BD, all SP-01’s, RAMI, P-01, PCR, 40B, 85, etc. Lifetime Warranty. Does not fit the Omega lock work.

AVAILABLE IN AUGUST, 2016

$38.00

Edited by bowenbuilt

Just looking at the pictures, it appears that you can run one spring using the center slot and hole, or use two springs using the outside slots and holes.

I'm looking forward to hearing details. On the other hand I'd settle for "hurry up and take my money".

that style of spring still breaks, ask anyone who has shot a lot of rounds through a glock. that style of spring can still break at the bend for the "hook".

how much does this weigh?

i do agree it is a very creative product! i'd be interested to feel a trigger with it installed.

that style of spring still breaks, ask anyone who has shot a lot of rounds through a glock. that style of spring can still break at the bend for the "hook".

i do agree it is a very creative product! i'd be interested to feel a trigger with it installed.

From David Milam, an overview;

1) Stainless steel tempered spring clip

2) Precision 4140 steel sleeve w/3 grooves

3) Extension Spring

The stainless steel spring clip is fully tempered which makes it very tough and resilient. It has 3 small precision holes drilled to accommodate either a single extension spring in the center, or 2 smaller extension springs L & R of the center groove. The spring clip clears everything in the frame with room to spare since it hugs the trigger bar closely. It simply springs onto the trigger bar.

The sleeve is cut on a Swiss-screw machine and is crafted from 4140 steel with 3 - small spring retention grooves. The extension spring will be made from music wire and we are in the final phase of determining the ideal spring rates. Extension springs have a lifespan measured in hundreds of thousands of cycles. So it should be bye-bye broken trigger return springs.

The system is assembled outside of the frame and uses our floating trigger pin, but other trigger pins will work equally as well. The sleeve is designed to "drop" into the TR-PIN's smaller center section, effectively locking the TR-PIN in place. The TR-PIN can still be removed with a medium tap on the end of the pin, exactly the same as it is now with the old style torsion spring.

Springs are funny things. Our engineer says an increase in a springs wire size of just a few thousands can dramatically affect the life of the spring. Some thing with the total wire OD, an increase from .095 to .105 (for instance) can deliver an unlimited life span or one that is very limited.

So initially we will only offer it with the springs we know will be reliable. Different springs may come later.

The difference is in how often they break.

Glocks and M&Ps that use this type of spring routinely go 30,000 or more rounds.

In 60,000 rounds I've broken exactly 1 M&P trigger spring, and that was likely because I installed it upside down.

I break the CZ TRS with boring regularity at around 5,000 rounds.

Both of those round counts include similar amounts of daily dry fire.

If this means I can replace a TRS annually and not have to worry about it then it is worth every penny.

And I've never broken a CZ TRS, not a stock one, not a CGW one, not a CZC one. Ever in 2.5 years of shooting them, across 4 different pistols and averaging 3k rounds a month out of any one gun.

I have broken slide stops, front sights and extractors on my CZ's. I broke the Glock trigger return spring in every Glock I shot during a year's worth of competition and training.

I think it's a pretty smart way to make this easier for people and hopefully have something last longer. I'm still curious how much it weighs and what it feels like.

I would think it would be as simple as put in one spring and try it. Not light enough? Clip off the hook on one end and peel out the next hook, try it, repeat step one until you get it just like you want it. Count the number of coils you clip off incase you go one too many, place the other spring in and repeat step one..............