Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on TTI "performance package" G17

GIO

Hi All.

I just purchased my first Glock (17) and would like to have Sights, Trigger and Grip work done.

I know there are tons of DIY options and great info here on BE but I would rather send it out for an overhaul and get to shooting.

TTI (Taran) seem to have a decent package that meets my needs but I always check the forums for advice. I am new to Glocks and I am not up to speed on the go-to products/services so I would appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance!

I have a 17L that they did the full RTS package on. It turned out great, I think their stippling is the best in the business, and I really like the sights. I had mine done before the "Combat Master" slide cuts were offered, but if I were still competing with a Glock I'd probably send it back and get that done too.

You will be happy with the work and customer service from TTI. I purchased a complete g35 from them, RTS package, and it runs beautifully! Great grip, trigger is phenomanal, and sights are dead on. Within a week I had ordered a G34 to go along with it. I'm itching for a combat master now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine started out as piecemeal and ended up being a pretty much full TTI. All but the sights are theirs.  All I need now is the ionbond and logo, lol. I'd recommend just going TTI and getting on with your shooting afterwards. 

Edited by jkrispies

• 2 months later...

Is there anything on a TTI that makes it custom other than the stippling?  From what it looks like everything is a drop in part or cosmetic on the performance package (I believe what the ready to shred is now) other than the stippling.  It's unclear whether the trigger is the drop-in GM kit or a custom massage of parts though.  Thoughts/experiences?

At this point I have had two production prepped tti glock 34s with their stippling and gunsmith trigger job and two glock 34s with their $40 drop in kit. The gunsmith trigger job does utilize their parts but it is highly massaged by their gunsmith and breaks cleaner and lighter than purely dropping in the parts.

11 hours ago, steven785 said:

At this point I have had two production prepped tti glock 34s with their stippling and gunsmith trigger job and two glock 34s with their $40 drop in kit. The gunsmith trigger job does utilize their parts but it is highly massaged by their gunsmith and breaks cleaner and lighter than purely dropping in the parts.

Yes.  I'm local to TTI and can assure you that his shop's triggers are gunsmithed by the same smith that has done Taran's personal triggers for years.

I'm not sure if it's true any more since his volume has gone way up recently, but Taran used to test fire each gun that went through his shop to make sure it functioned properly and the sights were right.  I doubt this is possible anymore but I may be wrong. 

17 hours ago, steven785 said:

Cool, thanks for the insight!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2016 at 8:34 AM, Rangerdug said:

I have the Combat Master, I absolutely love it. The only problem is the wait time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what was the estimated wait time? I was thinking sending a g19 slide in for the combat master cut since the frame and trigger is already done up

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Gaucho said:

I am also thinking of having my 17 stippled by TTI.  I have seen the pics on their website but I would love to see what it looks like after running the gun a bit.

I haven't taken any pictures but I can say that after dozens of Steel Challenge, USPSA, and 3 Gun matches since I received my TTI G34 "RTS" the grip looks as good as the day I got it. I constantly get asked "Who did the stippling" at local matches, it really is that good.