Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My experience buying and using Mark 7 PRO automation

I put a Mark 7 PRO automation system on my 1050 recently and I want to say the whole experience was great.

I was able to talk to real humans on the phone every time I have called, I live close and was offered a personalized introduction to the machine, and tour of the facilities. The guidance and personalized experience was much like test driving a luxury car. Everything has great fit and finish, is packed well, documented well, and is easy to use.

The setup of the automation only took about 20 min from taking it out of the box to actually running it.

I had one question about one of the settings and PMd them over the weekend, expecting a message back on Monday, but surprisingly, they PMd me back in just a few minutes and was able to resolve the issue.

Here is a video of mine running at 2400rph prepping 223 brass using the honey badger adapter/bosch router.

Here is a vid of me loading 147gr subsonic 9mm @ 1500 rph.

This machine is high quality, easily upgradable, and has several sensors available to customize it to your use.

The machine may not be the cheapest, but there is no machine out there with higher quality or better support. You are buying the Rolls Royce of automation systems, and Mark 7 treats you as such.

If you have any questions about the machine, let me know and I will be glad to try to help. My only regret about the machine is that i didnt buy it sooner.

John

I put a Mark 7 PRO automation system on my 1050 recently and I want to say the whole experience was great.

I was able to talk to real humans on the phone every time I have called, I live close and was offered a personalized introduction to the machine, and tour of the facilities. The guidance and personalized experience was much like test driving a luxury car. Everything has great fit and finish, is packed well, documented well, and is easy to use.

The setup of the automation only took about 20 min from taking it out of the box to actually running it.

I had one question about one of the settings and PMd them over the weekend, expecting a message back on Monday, but surprisingly, they PMd me back in just a few minutes and was able to resolve the issue.

Here is a video of mine running at 2400rph prepping 223 brass using the honey badger adapter/bosch router.

https://youtu.be/oZy1CbK9-XQ

Here is a vid of me loading 147gr subsonic 9mm @ 1500 rph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiSm04EL34k

This machine is high quality, easily upgradable, and has several sensors available to customize it to your use.

The machine may not be the cheapest, but there is no machine out there with higher quality or better support. You are buying the Rolls Royce of automation systems, and Mark 7 treats you as such.

If you have any questions about the machine, let me know and I will be glad to try to help. My only regret about the machine is that i didnt buy it sooner.

John

Can you give more details on that trimming setup? Better than Dillon 1500?

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

It uses a bosch 2.25hp variable speed router. I used a 3/8" collet and a 4 flute end mill. The router is about $150 from amazon, the collet is about $16 from amazon, and the end mill was about $10 from amazon. I am using the dillon carbide size/trim die. The Honey badger adapter came from fast and friendly brass. It was $125.

There is a breakdown of what you need listed on the HB trimmer site here:

http://fastandfriendlybrass.com/shop/item.aspx/honey-badger-trimmer-adapter/34/

I honestly cannot compare it to the dillon because I have never used the dillon trimmer. I do know the Bosch router has an internal fan so it stays much cooler than what I have read about the dillon.

It uses a bosch 2.25hp variable speed router. I used a 3/8" collet and a 4 flute end mill. The router is about $150 from amazon, the collet is about $16 from amazon, and the end mill was about $10 from amazon. I am using the dillon carbide size/trim die. The Honey badger adapter came from fast and friendly brass. It was $125.

There is a breakdown of what you need listed on the HB trimmer site here:

http://fastandfriendlybrass.com/shop/item.aspx/honey-badger-trimmer-adapter/34/

I honestly cannot compare it to the dillon because I have never used the dillon trimmer. I do know the Bosch router has an internal fan so it stays much cooler than what I have read about the dillon.

Do you have to chamfer/debur with that router?

Was going to ask the same thing. I'm using the Giraud tri-way trimmer now and love the fact that it chamfers/deburrs in 1 pass. I don't like having to manually handle each piece of brass and stick it in the trimmer.

So I'm examining all of the options for doing it on the press.

If you tumble your brass after trimming it, it doesnt need chamfer or deburring from the Dillon.

The only way I would chamfer/deburr was if it was for ammo that was for a long range super accurate type event. Fclass, bench rest, PRS.. etc. Then I wouldnt be trimming it on the Dillon either. That would be my full size giraud or a tri-way.

If you load flat base bullets, get a Lyman M die and itll help.

Do you have to chamfer/debur with that router?

I dont do either, after it is deprimed, sized, and trimmed, I stainless tumble it which cleans it up nice. The way it looks after it comes out of the press is surprisingly clean, no real deburring is needed on 223, 300 is another story tho

I am shooting it in my m16 so I am not looking for competition accuracy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went with the dillon on my Mark 7 1050 after really looking into it compared to the router set up.

I have 3 dillon trimmers, but liked some of the features of using a router. The manufacture told me that chamfering and deburing would be required on the honey badger, and that was what made me stick with the dillon.

I went with the dillon on my Mark 7 1050 after really looking into it compared to the router set up.

I have 3 dillon trimmers, but liked some of the features of using a router. The manufacture told me that chamfering and deburing would be required on the honey badger, and that was what made me stick with the dillon.

I was under the impression that was only the case if you used the end mill but if you used there "boring bar" you wouldn't need to chamfer debur I could be wrong.

http://fastandfriendlybrass.com/shop/item.aspx/honey-badger-boring-bar-two-carbide-inserts/40/

I was under the impression that was only the case if you used the end mill but if you used there "boring bar" you wouldn't need to chamfer debur I could be wrong.

http://fastandfriendlybrass.com/shop/item.aspx/honey-badger-boring-bar-two-carbide-inserts/40/

But you will get vibration with a boring bar.

If you wet tumble after trimming with steel media, that will get rid of the burs.