Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

craigslist finds/ good deal on a super 1050

Shmella

I have to say craigslist is great sometimes. I found someone selling a super 1050 within 45 mins from me and naturally in Craigslist fashion I had to throw a lowball offer out there. Got denied.

About a month after I lowballed the guy He responds again reconsidering my offer. (apparently there arent many people looking for 1050's on craigslist.)

Ended buying the 1050 for $1100 and the guy Threw in a Large Dillon case tumber/cleaner and large Dillon media seperator. He bought the press new "years ago" and never even opened the box. It was still sealed when I got there, I opened it when we met up just to make sure it was actually in the box lol. The guy had to take a quick peak himself as he said "I've actually never even seen one myself." The box was dated 2001 :surprise: lol.

went from a Hornady LNL to the 1050 and finally have it set up. I will say I'm very impressed with this machine and happy with my purchase. Sold the LNL and traded my limited in .40 for a 9mm single stack. Now I have an open gun 9mm, 9mm Revolver and 9mm singlestack gun and I have a 1050 set up and only load for 9mm!!

Going from my tiny Franford arsenal tumbler to the massive one I have now was an added bonus too.

:D

Edited by Shmella

Oh yeah. Quite the score. Craigslist will delete any gun related stuff and will remove your account if you do it twice. Yes, reloading supplies and parts count. I had brass removed with warnings... after selling a couple of buckets.

I LOVE IT when we can get them past the sniffers and sell our evil gun stuff anyways! Nice work.

Besides that, I've been super impressed with my 1050 since buying it a couple of years ago. Welcome to reloading like a pro!

Outstanding! There's a cat in So Cal with 2 550's for sale. He wants $600 for the pair. No shell plates or dies. It'll be interesting to see how long they last. Not such a good deal.

Now I have an open gun 9mm, 9mm Revolver and 9mm singlestack gun and I have a 1050 set up and only load for 9mm!!

​I've gone the same way - load only 9mm for my two Open guns and my defense guns - loading one caliber is GREAT ! :)

Yep, I had a single stack 9 before and ended up getting rid of it and picked up a .40 limited gun. Regretted that decision after swapping calibers a couple times so I went back to all 9.

Planning on getting a Glock 19 for a carry gun so I don't have to buy any factory stuff and still be able to practice with my carry gun.

• 9 months later...