Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feel of the Limited pro safety

robport

I'm used to 1911 safeties with a positive feel when they are "clicked" either on or off.

My limited pro safety just moves up and down with no tactile feel or noise.

It doesn't seem right and has allowed me to embarrass myself numerous times in matches when I accidently slide it up enough to activate it without noticing.

I've been starting double action, so really don't even use it right now.

Is that normal? (Not the accidental activation part, but the lack of a positive feel or resistance of some sort.)

I used to have a plastic witness and I don't remember the safety being that way.

If it is normal, is there anything to do about it?

If the safety was adjusted to the sear then it was likely over adjusted. I too adjust the safety and not the sear when fitting new parts and if u are not careful you can take too much material off the safety and the result is what you have now. I do just the opposite and adjust it until it functions but stays firm when moving it to the on position. Of course you can take too much off the sear, also with the same result.

Mine also is easy to move..... I kinda fix the problem by cutting a small piece of grip tape and put it between the right safety ear and the frame to create resistance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mine is kinda of mushy as well.
Even when dry firing in DA mode, I'll put the safety on just so I can NOT forget to get my thumb on there firmly.
It has always functioned perfectly, and never moved on it's own.