Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starting load for Tite Group out of Glock 17

blschultz

I am making a switch in powder from CFE Pistol to Tite Group. I currently have my press set up for a OAL of 1.115 and I am running 125gr LCN from Black Bullets International. I would like to land at about the 130 PF mark just to have a cushion.

My standard load is 4.2 grains of TG behind a 125 TC Black and Blue (HiTek) bullet and goes about 1,180 fps out of a G17 with OEM barrel. Am not concerned with power floor, just like to keep it close to duty ammo WinSXT 127+P+ at 1,250 fps. However I set up a press for a buddy of mine running 125 Bear Creek RN at 1.060" over 3.2 grains of TG, and it made around 128 out of a CZ75.

Edited by 9x45

I am making a switch in powder from CFE Pistol to Tite Group. I currently have my press set up for a OAL of 1.115 and I am running 125gr LCN from Black Bullets International. I would like to land at about the 130 PF mark just to have a cushion.

Just curious - Why the powder switch?

I just started to reload this year and wanted to go with Tite Group from the start but CFE was what was available locally since it always seemed Tite Group was out of stock. Now it seems to be the opposite and I can get the Tite Group. Another reason Is I can usually buy Tite group for about $4 - $5 less than CFE per pound.

I just started to reload this year and wanted to go with Tite Group from the start but CFE was what was available locally since it always seemed Tite Group was out of stock. Now it seems to be the opposite and I can get the Tite Group. Another reason Is I can usually buy Tite group for about $4 - $5 less than CFE per pound.

I found them same thing. I picked up 4-5 pounds of CFE Pistol a few years ago when that's all I could find. Now that Titegroup is available again I've been running that. Haven't seen too much CFE Pistol, at least not locally.

I load 124 for 9mm loaded to 1.125 in mixed brass.

I am starting transitioning to coated bullets (for costs) with 3.8 grains of Titegroup

124 Bayou Bullets averaged 1088 and 124 Blue Bullets averaged 1080, PF was 133-136. Std deviation was 9.6 for both loads

124 MTG with 4.1 TG averaged 1091 and 133-137 PF with an SD of 11.