Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Palmetto State Armory AR-9 (Glock Mag)- Drop In Trigger Compatibility

uod

I was unable to find a list compiled anywhere else, so I figured I would start one here in case anyone else is thinking about replacing the stock trigger in a Palmetto State Armory AR-9. If anyone else has dropped a trigger into one of these, please report back with your results. I tried a CMC, and now I have a POF on the way. I'll report on the POF as soon as I get it.

CMC 3.5# Drop In Straight Trigger : Not compatible. Hammer follow occurs after the first round fired. If you hold the trigger back while pulling the charging handle, hammer never locks back. CMC is working on a 9mm compatible trigger that should be out in the next 6 weeks.Issue

I run a JP trigger with chopped GI M16 hammer and full-power GI hammer and trigger springs. I have been reluctant to go with lighter springs or non-GI hammer geometry because (1) the resistance of recocking the hammer is an integral component of the blowback retardation system, and (2) the fire control group gets very dirty in a blowback system and when I had a lighter trigger return spring the trigger would not always reset reliably.

This trigger setup is heavier than I would like, but is still very short and crisp... I can live with it.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I put a cmc 3.5# drop in straight trigger in mine and it's worked fine. I've only shot <150 rounds thru it, but no issues so far. I guess I'll keep trying and see how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I called CMC about it, they said that it was very hit or miss on those triggers. Technically, they are not supported in the AR-9 platform, and that is why they are producing a model that has a hammer that is more compatible with the AR-9 bolt.

Just got the POF. Function testing (dry fire) works like a champ so far. I am not experiencing the hammer follow issue when holding the trigger. I'll be able to get it out for live fire on Friday.

For the record, this is the POF 3.5# stright drop-in trigger (red body) with the KNS anti-walk pins included.

I custom built my AR-9. I think the bolt is CMMG, its ramped anyway and supposed to work with any AR trigger. I dropped in a Timney 3# out of one of my ARs and its functioned flawlessly in 2 Steel Challenge events. After 2 events I am classed in A in PCCO, and soon to be Master. I flat love shooting PCCO. My barrel is one of the PSA LW SOCOM profile ones. Lower is a QC-10.

Edited by photoracer

The issue on the trigger following is more the bolt than the lower or trigger group.

I had a PSA lower with a CMC 2.5# flat hammer that would follow the bolt on most shots.

The issue was that the bolt would not push the hammer quite far enough over to reset.

TIG welded a very small amount of metal on the back 1/3 of the bottom of the bolt where the hammer rides.

Contoured it so it was smooth on all sides but would push the hammer down just a tad more during the cycle.

Works perfect.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...