Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new open gun!

Gooldylocks

Well I was wandering through the Gun Library at Cabela's when something caught my eye. A beautiful open gun sitting there in the case. And then it followed me home!

24e56dbfe9b850059eb2e99d103445ab.jpg

It came with 5 old style SV Grams tuned mags, that appear to be unused, both 9mm and 38SC Scheumann barrels (38 appears unfired), an extra set of accurails, and a 45 degree mount. The gun has the SV trigger and a Cameron's magwell, which also had never been reloaded to.

e60e3a47af0556a066849a0ad3f48eeb.jpg

f4033848c25a162fcefea3e7e90426d0.jpg

I do have a question though.. who built it? It is clearly essentially unused, but old (only a 3 digit serial number and is marked Austin TX instead of Georgetown). It is engraved under the slide stop with "BSCKB", which I assume is probably the builder.

ba25ca24bd425089d7013d5d0965a282.jpg

57cb1e53979483ea08c602cf8d4e5ca5.jpg

That's a nice and unusual find for a Cabelas. Can't say I've seen a race gun at any of the stores I've been too. Enjoy it.

It is not unusual to see them at Cabela's, from what I've seen. I have seen Caspian, Glock, and 2011 framed open guns there before.. What is unusual is finding one for a reasonable price. There was a Glock 17 open gun in the case next to it for 1999, with only 3 mags. Made this deal look even that much sweeter.

That's a nice and unusual find for a Cabelas. Can't say I've seen a race gun at any of the stores I've been too. Enjoy it.

agreed. At least in the local new store here in Ohio. Just a bunch of old niche guns

Looks like grams tuned mags. Is there some heat/blue discoloration on the lips?

No, no heat treating marks from what I can tell, but they are definitely tuned, based on the witness holes drilled in the backs of all of them. I've never seen non tuned mags with holes..

Yep. Ribs are extended, holes drilled, has his pads and guts, I can only assume that he did the lips as well. I have only tested one of them so far, but have zero doubts about any of them.

It doesn't appear that any of the mags have ever been used either, other than the big stick maybe a handful of times. it has like 2 tiny scratches in the body.

• 5 weeks later...
Is that possibly built by Doug Jones? It looks like it's been Accu-railed.

It is accurailed. But I called Doug and asked him what he could tell me about it after giving him the serial and he didn't have record of it, which means it was pre-2013 (i think that's the year he said)

• 1 month later...