Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weather Tech car mats

Is weather tech the gold standard in auto mats?

New car needs something and wondering if these are worth it over Toyota brand mats

Edited by Sarge

Yes, pretty much. I'm not sure I could name another competitor close to the precision fit and quality of Weather Tech. I had them in our previous vehicles, and have a full set in my jeep currently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been hearing better things about Husky liners, both Made in USA though, which is nice.

We have Weathertechs in my wifes SUV and my truck. Passenger side of the truck slides around a little, but other than that.. They are great.

Based on forum conversations on a Tundra forum, I bought Husky Liners X-act contour for the front for my truck -- Consensus was that they were better for the front seat than the Weather Tech's......

They've held up for me....

I have Weathertechs in my mill car, a 2012 Focus. They fit great, I wish they went a little farther up on the firewall, but other than that they are good. I have a full set in my wife's Expedition, like was mentioned in an earlier post, the passenger side moves a little, but other than that, they are good. I really like them for the most part. I have not tried the Husky liners to be able to compare them though.

Hurley

• 3 weeks later...

I have a set in my car; they hold up well to wear and tear, and hold fluids very well.

I had a gallon of milk spill, don't know how much actually leaked - but it kept things inside the mat for the most part. Instead of milk soaking through the floor mat and carpet, I just had to deal with a little spillage over the back of the mat and around one of the mounting studs.

Well, as it turned out the car came with Toyota all weather mats and though they aren't weather tech they are pretty nice for now!

Thanks for all the recommendations!