Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazines dropping free

ArrDave

My shadow has no issues dropping magazines. My 75B on the other hand will hang up every so often. It appears to happen specifically if I don't tap the magazine so all the rounds seat at the back of the magazine. it seems a bullet nose is making contact with the front strap, making drop free.

I was running some classifier type drills today and it tanked my shot to shot time more than once, since this is my backup gun I can't have this happening. Will the stainless steel magazine brake from CZC help this? I know my shadow has one and it makes installing new mainsprings easier.

Any other tips/tricks for ensuring mags drop free?

Magazines in question are MecGar 16's with SP base pads.

You need to break the bottom edge of the slide rail that pushes the cartridge out of the mag. The sharp edeg is pushing the next round forward a bit and will keep the mag from dropping free. Search the CZ forum here for more details.

Later,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

I had this problem with one mag for my TS. Turned out that there was a small burr in the mag's indent hole that the mag catch would hang up on. Used a jewler's file to remove the burr and all is good. Does it happen with different mags or just one?

Edited by harleytech

I had this problem with one mag for my TS. Turned out that there was a small burr in the mag's indent hole that the mag catch would hang up on. Used a jewler's file to remove the burr and all is good. Does it happen with different mags or just one?

Happened on 3 different magazines

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

You need to break the bottom edge of the slide rail that pushes the cartridge out of the mag. The sharp edeg is pushing the next round forward a bit and will keep the mag from dropping free. Search the CZ forum here for more details.

Later,

Chuck

Gotcha. I'll be sure to polish this up.

You need to break the bottom edge of the slide rail that pushes the cartridge out of the mag. The sharp edge is pushing the next round forward a bit and will keep the mag from dropping free. Search the CZ forum here for more details.

Later,

Chuck

Gotcha. I'll be sure to polish this up.

Here is the spot (in red):

post-400-0-67786400-1466601546_thumb.jpg

Credit: photo from http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=22862.msg117399#msg117399

Edited by ChuckS