Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Autocomp 9mm Major Load Data

MKitzmiller

Iv'e been searching the forums for 9mm major load data for an open gun. Can anyone who's shooting Autocomp and 124's please share some recipes?

If this is something already addressed, (99.9% sure it is) can someone please steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7.1 or 7.2 will be pretty common.

I typed autocomp in the search window and got 1000 results. You'll have to read through things but there are many many WAC recipes on here

7.1 or 7.2 will be pretty common.

I typed autocomp in the search window and got 1000 results. You'll have to read through things but there are many many WAC recipes on here

Sarge, I must confess that the W in WAC wasn't registering in my mind as Winchester. Now that I feel like a total jack ass.. Winchester Autocomp.. Eureka!

I have a FGW. Different barrel, but I run at 1.163-1.165". No issues. Any longer and it looks like they will hit the front of the mag as I run spacers. Also no issues in another 2011.

Why too long? What is the issue?

Edited by echotango

I thought it was just the initial gun break in when the first round of most every mag didn't chamber 100%. The last round I racked in exposed a 1/4" or so shy of the slide to frame relationship. I gripped the slide and hit the grip to clear the round. The bullet remained in the barrel and the case ejected, (along with 7 gr of WAC)..

I thought it was just the initial gun break in when the first round of most every mag didn't chamber 100%. The last round I racked in exposed a 1/4" or so shy of the slide to frame relationship. I gripped the slide and hit the grip to clear the round. The bullet remained in the barrel and the case ejected, (along with 7 gr of WAC)..

Crimping tha case would be nice. Along with chamber checking

crimp has nothing to do with it. When they get good and stuck they often separate if you work at it.

What bullet again?

If it's 1/4" from closing something is bad wrong. Check for a case sheared off in the chamber. Inspect the chamber for other obstructions. Email or call Bobby and let him know what's going on

Edited by Sarge

crimp has nothing to do with it. When they get good and stuck they often separate if you work at it.

What bullet again?

Agreed, they're climbing the ramp just fine.

124gr Berry's HHP

What bullet again?

124gr Berry's HHP

After checking the chamber just keep running a runs through the seating die until it drops in spins and drops out. Then measure that one.

What bullet again?

124gr Berry's HHP

After checking the chamber just keep running a runs through the seating die until it drops in spins and drops out. Then measure that one.

10-4.

It could be that your barrel needs to be throat reamed. Sounds like one of your bullets got jammed into the rifling and pulled free from the case when you racked the slide.

Take a loaded round and do the "plunk" test. The round should drop completely into the chamber and rotate freely. If the case rim extends past the barrel hood or the round won't rotate, you need to have your throat reamed for the OAL and bullet profile that you're using.

If that's the case and you're comfortable doing it yourself, you can buy a throat reamer from Pacific Tool or Manson for under $75. Otherwise, I've heard that Matt Cheely will do it for around $40 if you send him your barrel.