Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA, tear down this wall!

FWSixgunner

To quote the Gipper.

Free the 8-shot revolver. This this stupid-assed rule is a total mystery.

Also why no 9mm revos? It's the only feasible way to use moons on a medium frame. They allow .380 BUG autos, but revos must still be .38s.

Do they just hate revolvers?

I'm sick of being the only revo shooter. I think there'd be more if they could shoot 8-round guns with moons. Also 9mm.

It seems the main effect of allowing 8 shot revolvers in USPSA was to obsolete everybody's M625s. Good business for S&W and dealers, but why should I subsidize you?

I would let high capacity revolvers compete with autos. Major in CDP, Minor in ESP.

1- I agree revolver is dead.

2- the current rules did a pretty good job of combining two dead divisions.

3- 8 shots and 9mm sound really good. But where do you put the division.

I would like to shoot revo sometimes. Just need to buy a gun.

1- I agree revolver is dead.

2- the current rules did a pretty good job of combining two dead divisions.

3- 8 shots and 9mm sound really good. But where do you put the division.

I would like to shoot revo sometimes. Just need to buy a gun.

Move 6-shot to bug since it's the same capacity.

Or bring back ESR for 8-shot.

Revolver is dead in IDPA. I was the only one a few weeks ago and look back at that club (new to me) there has been only one other revolver shooter there in the last year or so.

Let the 8-shot revolvers play in one of the other divisions.

Guys at my local club are on a wheel gun fix. Over the past few months, I've seen up to 8 revolvers at our weekend IDPA matches.

That would be nice!

I don't own a wheel gun but there are perks. For me, I don't have to scramble all over the stage to pick up their brass. They are in a nice pile next to their speed loaders. Plus it is nice to hear the shots of a man's caliber. Some of these guys load them hot. You know who they are because they are the ones trying to shake the sting out of their strong hand as they walk away.

Love it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Let me start by saying I am a revolver fan and shooting them almost exclusively the last year or so. I can see arguments for the 8 shots being allow, they are the same size as a 625, so it is no less concealable. However, 8 shots would not be terribly fun when you think about all of the rules involved. The only 8 shot that would be legal is the 627 (or 327). The 929 and 986 have too long of barrels and cutting them down is illegal. So 9mm 8 shot is out of the question. 8 shot minor with moon clips makes speed loaders obsolete. 8 shot major still has the advantage over 6 shot. Plus, full 155 PF from a 357 magnum over a big match makes for sore hands, worse than a 625.

So you are down to only the 627's. Probably shooting major, but minor may work. Scoring would have to be more strict for the 8 shots (like USPSA). The way equipment and scoring works in IDPA just makes it too hard to include 8 shot revolvers. I would love to find a way to include them, but it is very difficult.

I do disagree with minimum caliber being 38 special. I forget the model, but S&W made a 9mm 6 shot L frame that did not use moon clips. That should be legal for stock revolver. Really, if it makes power factor, why not allow the .32 calibers. Power factor is power factor and a hole in cardboard is a hole in cardboard, who cares how big it is?

Make ESR/Revolver division open to eight shot minor revolvers and completely kill the 625, 646, and 610. Sounds like a great idea to me! Looks like the brain trust that ruined Revo in USPSA is now out to ruin idpa too. ? Dumb idea. Total equipment killing asteroid.

Instead, allow them to load eight and make it a procedural to shoot more than six before a reload.

OR

Create another revolver division for the eight CSR/CDR and bring back the SSR and ESR. That is the most fair way to do it. It doesn't matter really as the number of revolver shooters at a match damn near ensures everyone is a winner.

Guys at my local club are on a wheel gun fix. Over the past few months, I've seen up to 8 revolvers at our weekend IDPA matches.

We had 8 REV shooters in our SQUAD at the NM Scorcher last weekend. It was way fun!

Let the 8 shot revolvers play in ESP shooting 125 PF with moons. They would be at a competitive disadvantage against the 10 + 1 autos but it would be fun to watch the auto guys cry about those revo guys whipping their butts.

Let the 8 shot revolvers play in ESP shooting 125 PF with moons. They would be at a competitive disadvantage against the 10 + 1 autos but it would be fun to watch the auto guys cry about those revo guys whipping their butts.

Don't go counting your chickens before they hatch. =p

Probably the best idea to date.

AD

At the NRA convention this year we had a long talk with Joyce and Robert about allowing 8-shot revolvers in CCP. Same load capacity, similar power actor..... They seemed to like the idea and I talked with several industry people who also liked the idea....

It may not be a perfect solution but it might be an option.

Edited by S391

I enjoy watching a good revo shooter. On the other hand, it is absolutely painful to watch less experienced revo shooters fumbling reloads and pulling the trigger on empty cylinders.