Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any input on the Weaver 1-7 scope?

BigBamBoo

Have a chance to pick up a new Weaver 1-7x24 scope at a really good price. Looking for input from anyone who has/had one.

Was able to pull up a couple of reviews online, but they did not cover much. Looks like the only reticle is a mil dot type. Says the red dot is day light bright.

Thanks in advance.

Well it will be going on a "3gun" rig....18" JP PSC-11...but at this point, just sitting in the safe next to a few other JP rigs. Here in CA it looks like the end is near for all auto loaders so just stacking 'em up for a rainy day.

At some point, maybe used for multi/3gun stuff.

I'm not personally familiar with the new Weave 1-7x, but my impression

is that Weavers are not very clear/sharp - probably better off spending

a bit more money on a higher quality 1-4x - but let's see what some

more experienced shooters have to say.

I'm not personally familiar with the new Weave 1-7x, but my impression

is that Weavers are not very clear/sharp - probably better off spending

a bit more money on a higher quality 1-4x - but let's see what some

more experienced shooters have to say.

The Weaver retails for $1800.00 and street price seems to be around 1200.00.

Not sure if you need to spend "a bit more money" to find a good 1X4 !

From the few reviews I have read, they say it is very good. I would just like some "first hand" input from folks who have one or have used one.

Again, I have a chance to pick a new one up for a really good price, but would like to hear more about it.

It's got 1st and 2nd focal plane, I'd really want to look thru one on a gun before I jumped. May be the next best thing since sliced bread but I'd have to see it first. Also, according to Weaver web site there are 4 reticles available for it.

Yep...I have read all that as well, but I am with you as far as I would like to see through one. But not being able to do that, then I would like to hear from anyone who has one or has looked through one.

As for the reticle, if you look at the part number there is only one. And that is the mildot. I know they show 4 on the website, but from what I can find, the only real world choice is the mildot.

If I can't get any feedback, I might just do a Leoupld D-EVO or Minox ZP8....if your gonna do it....do it BIG.

Edited by BigBamBoo

• 8 months later...

I'm curious as well. There is one for sale for what seems like a really good price here but I don't want to jump at it with such sparse reviews. Also posting that link in the hopes someone is more brave than me and will report back on it.

• 5 months later...