Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P09 open Minor

John2A

Ok I have a crazy idea in making my P09 CO into an open minor gun just for giggles. I see that CZ custom has a threaded barrel, Springer Precision makes a comp and extended base pads. Any one think I am crazy for thinking about this? I think it would be a blast to shoot, especially in a pro-am.

Oh and due to hand issues I can't shoot a major PF any longer just takes way to long to recover. Plus not looking to take on Chris Tilly any time soon.

I've got a buddy that tricked out his Cajunized P-09 with a magwell, extended mags and runs in Limited. Loves it. Gets 20-21 in the mags in 40SW. I believe he used Springer Precision magwell and extended base pads and grams spring/follower.

With a threaded barrel, slide ride optic and Springer's comp you'd have a great $ deal of a Open division fun gun!

That's a link to my P-09. I would say definitely go for it. I did mine as an experiment and am very pleased with the results. I use it to shoot NRA Action Pistol matches, my current load is mid 130's power factor, will do 1" groups at 25yds, shoots flat as a pancake, and is very soft. With a good grip the dot doesnt leave the glass while shooting. I have shot some major PF rounds while I was developing match ammo and while it wasnt real unpleasant, if I was to shoot major often I think a heavier steel gun would be a better choice.

If you ever make it to Wilmington you are welcome to shoot mine.

Edited by dave33