Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Virginia Shooters: Gauging Interest

Are there any wheelguns guys in Virginia or who would be willing to travel from a nearby state to VA if I could get an ICORE match going, some equivalent to a state championship?

I'd be in, coming from Woodbridge. I've been bouncing around the idea putting on a regular match, myself. Wheelies are kinda sparse in these parts, but there's a handful around. It might be a good idea to reach out to IDPA MD's in the area to fill out classic and L6.

It would probably be around Virginia Beach. Jrswanson, it is pretty crazy. I moved here recently.

Congrats on moving to a freer state. I used to live in Norfolk, had many friends in Virginia Beach. I don't know of many outdoor ranges in the Tidewater area that could host a match like this. Maybe C3?

If you are talking about a once a year match similar to the regional matches, I think your chances are pretty good. I'm from Southeast

PA and the ICORE East Coast regional is held here on an annual basis. We typically get about 50 shooters, and most are from within an

hours drive. Since Virginia Beach is only about 7 hours away, I would think most of those shooters would be interested, especially since

it could be turned into a long weekend beach vacation. I know my son and I would be interested.

I would be tempted to come shoot a match like that, and could probably get some of the other IN & KY guys to roll with me to shoot it.

How much revolver do you see being shot at your local USPSA/IDPA matches? If you can get those guys on board, then you could probably get a better pull from other states as well.

Jrs - C2 is where I had in mind. They are open to match ideas.

RevoWood123 - I have no idea. There is no USPSA in my area and competing is on the back burner for me since I have extremely limited opportunity to practice at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I would be tempted to come shoot a match like that, and could probably get some of the other IN & KY guys to roll with me to shoot it.

How much revolver do you see being shot at your local USPSA/IDPA matches? If you can get those guys on board, then you could probably get a better pull from other states as well.

In VA there are about 5 wheel gunners if Forest shows up.. I heard that there are a couple in NC.. The issue is we get to shoot a decent USPSA match almost everyday of the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk