Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises silent captured system

Rodney1218

I have one of the JP captured springs, and love it! I hated the sproing sound and feel while shooting, now it sounds and feels like I think a semi-auto weapon should, very slick and smooth, while racking and firing. Plus its easier to install than the big standard recoil spring. They also offer different springs so you can tune it to your gun.

I would search around, because I'm pretty sure they have been discussed in pretty good detail here.

I love mine. I have it in my CTR-02. I didn't put one in my other AR as it's setup for defense, not competition, and I don't shoot it enough to justify the cost. I think I'll try the polishing that SSchultz described and compare the two. I have a hard time thinking they will perform similarly, but I like the ideal of the cost saving.

I did not polish my spring, nor the inside of the receiver extension. I did grease both liberally and my gun cycles smoothly and has no spronig when fired. Polishing may help, but I think the grease is the most functional part of the equation.

The noise isn't want I am looking at improving, it was the smoothness of the charging handle.

It most certainly smooths that out. Especially if you grease up the captured recoil spring assembly a little. Feels like cocking a well fit and greased 2011 slide. Mine does at least...

NO comparison between the smoothness of a JP Silent spring and a oiled, greased, polished spring/buffer tube. Not even close.

So you saying the JP SC spring is the way to go?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

NO comparison between the smoothness of a JP Silent spring and a oiled, greased, polished spring/buffer tube. Not even close.

Just compared my well used, greased, polished system vs. my boss's barely used JP SCS. He agreed the difference was so negligible that the added expense is hard to justify.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one in all my rifles. I absolutely love it! That said I would do just as you said and leave a functioning rifle alone until a deal comes up. I am sure you will be very happy you got one when the day comes.

How does the silent captured compare to a hydraulic buffer?

Totally different target crowd. The hydrolic buffer (i had one) is heavy and serves to reduce rearward felt recoil. It is only usefull in over gassed guns and does nothing to improve lock up or quiet the spring.