Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises silent captured system

Rodney1218

I run the silent capture system in my 9mm AR15. I can tell a difference.

However, if I could do it over, I wouldn't buy the JP system. I would put some grease in my buffer tube and get identical results. Didn't know that at the time though.

There is a 7.62/308 version. The main diffrence is the compressed length of the SCS and the total mass of the weights.

I have a Large-frame AR in .308(DPMS LR308 spec) that I installed a UBR on. The UBR tube is a touch shorter than a carbine tube, so the standard 308 carbine buffer is too long to allow the BCG to travel far enough rearward for the bolt stop to properly engage. The SCS fixed this for me and allows me to tune the total buffer mass heavier or lighter to best suit my ammo/gas system/BCG combo.

• 1 month later...

I bought the standard (black spring i believe) and did not like it in my rifle tube. I then returned it and got the JP rifle buffer and tuned spring, gun shoots softer and i stay on target more. This may be just my case as a friend bought the spring set and used the white spring and his gun shoots soft (but mine shoots softer). I never had the sproing noise so i got it simply for performance, but in my case the buffer/spring combo from JP worked better for me.  

I've got a jp rifle length barrel,  lmos bcg,  and adjustable gas block for reference 

Edited by sNICKers

I have them in my 9mm AR, standard AR's with rifle length stock and carbine stock. Plus a .308 AR with carbine length stock. They all run VERY well.

Then again, I have the low mass BCG's and adjustable gas blocks on all the above mentioned rigs, minus the 9mm AR.