WaJim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Air gunning a pop tart would get you killed in a real gun fight.

Unless they were bad shots and very hungry....

That's why you carry a drop pop tart, also known as a droptart, so you can toss it at them and run away.

I think they're afraid you'll shoot them with it and then drop it and run away, so you can't be prosecuted. A kind of "throw-away" droptart.

That's why you carry a drop pop tart, also known as a droptart, so you can toss it at them and run away.

I think they're afraid you'll shoot them with it and then drop it and run away, so you can't be prosecuted. A kind of "throw-away" droptart.

Kind of like a Saturday morning Special? Straight out of the toaster?

Kind of like a Saturday morning Special? Straight out of the toaster?

Yes, exactly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Txpastorbob said:

So...a penalty if I point my finger at the target and say "pew pew?"   but not if I just walk through with my hands gripped together?   I have used a magazine before...but never a banana

No penalty for either action you describe.

4 hours ago, 9x45 said:
  • WaJim, what USPSA sanctioned club did this occur at?

Yeah, well it wasn't the Club that brought the question/post I posed to light. It was an RO that was trying to help some of us less experienced shooters the "possibility" of a vague rule infraction in Higher Tier matches..

The rule wasn't enforced.

The banana and doughnut was tongue and cheek.....although it did happen that a shooter on my squad did have a banana and I did have the doughnut when the subject came up.. Both of us were using them while airgunning.

Aaaaaaand both snacks kindly brought to that match and other local matches by a Forum Member here.

BTW, Thank You A.C. for bringing those treats......

Please no pop tarts.

I gotta stay out of trouble.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't you remember the famous shooter who got dinged for holding a towel in his hands at IPSC Nationals or somewhere similar. It was all over these forums with pics etc. IPSC don't allow nothing in the hands:8.7.2 Competitors are prohibited from using any sighting aid (e.g. the whole or part of an imitation or replica firearm, any part of a real firearm including any accessories thereof etc.), except for their own hands, while conducting their inspection ("walkthrough") of a course of fire. Violations will incur one procedural penalty per occurrence (also see Rule 10.5.1).

Blake Miguez

Wrong.  8.7.2 says no guns or gun replucas during walk-through.  Nothing said about anything else in your hand.  

Ask the USPSA RO (or MD, or whoever) to show you the rule that supports their assertion.  Can't find one.  (There is for IPSC, though.)

9 minutes ago, CraigEcash86 said:

I was air gunning during a walk though at a USPSA match and my ecig was in my hand. Was told it was  considered and aiming aid and wasn't aloud. 

THAT, is not true! If he half way knew what he was talking about he would have let you do it and then dinged you. Next time ask the RO to quote the rule. Oh hell, just show him this:

1. 8.7.2  Competitors are prohibited from using any guns or gun replicas as sighting aids while conducting their inspection (“walkthrough”) of a course of fire. Violations will incur one procedural penalty per occurrence (also see Rule 10.5.1). 

• 5 months later...

So question. 

Why about air gunning at the load and make ready command?  I've seen it a few times.  Is that allowed? 

Obviously not walking through the stage but standing at the start point air gunning the first few targets. 

28 minutes ago, calebj06 said:

So question. 

Why about air gunning at the load and make ready command?  I've seen it a few times.  Is that allowed? 

Obviously not walking through the stage but standing at the start point air gunning the first few targets. 

Perfectly fine.