Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me make a decision

CZ806

I'm looking for a new IDPA ESP gun. Always shot polymer in the past. I got an insane deal on a Witness Elite Match the other day and it's made me really want a metal gun.

So I originally was thinking a CZ Shadow custom from CZ Custom. But I'm liking this Tanfoglio so much I'm getting pulled towards a Limited Pro.

I know this is the Tanfoglio section but thought I would ask pros and cons. Also helps that Jim Bodkin lives 15 miles from me.

Why not rock a Lim Pro and really have a sick advantage... and shoot in SSP?

Single action first shot & magwells are the huge things that put you in ESP, and a Lim Pro is SSP legal.

I think a Tanfo would be a lot more fun against Glocks and M&Ps than against the 9mm 1911s found in ESP.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Yes, Production or SSP you shoot DA, safety off, from the holster.

Smoothest, safest way to decock that I've tried personally:

Conventional wisdom says that the Tanfo fits guys with average to large hand sizes better, while the CZ is supposed to be easier to get a truly amazing trigger on. More than a few guys on either side will choose to debate that.

I chose a Stock III over a SP-01 due to its ergonomics. It just fits me better.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

OK. I appreciate the response. I really like my Elite Match. I've just read conflicting accounts about Tanfoglios overall quality compared to CZ.

My Elite Match as an amazing trigger. The action is like butter. It's accurate. Just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars and get a gun more prone to issues when i could just get the CZ. I prefer the ergos of the Tanfoglios better actually.

I have a Limited Pro. It is by far my favorite competition gun I have owned. I have shot berreta, hk, glock, springfield, Para ordnance and probably a few more not popping in my head at the moment. I now shoot the limited pro in production. It fits my hand and seems to shoot so much flatter and faster I feel like I'm cheating lol.

Any of the competition frame gun are great, but they all need internal polishing, springs and other bits to be really slick triggers.

I have a match and the trigger really improves with polishing and use. But the stock 2 and lim pro can be made just as good. My s2 is sub 2 SA.