Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there a cheaper vortex 1-6 jm then $1399

Another Vortex 1-6 option is the Strike Eagle. It does not have a clear of a lens as the Razor, but it has a similar reticle, with all marks illuminated for a couple hundred dollars instead of $1300. I run a Razor on my rifle, we put a Strike Eagle on my girlfriend's ultra light 3 gun rifle. Another advantage other than cost is that it weighs just 16 ounces, instead of 32. I know that the razor is a much higher quality scope (I haven't found one that I like as much), but if someone were on a tighter budget the Strike Eagle is a great option for the $$$$.

Learned a lesson this mourning.

Don't announce a good deal on this forum before your's is shipped. LOL

Bryan was still able to get me one droped shipped but it cost me another 25 dollars.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another Vortex 1-6 option is the Strike Eagle. It does not have a clear of a lens as the Razor, but it has a similar reticle, with all marks illuminated for a couple hundred dollars instead of $1300. I run a Razor on my rifle, we put a Strike Eagle on my girlfriend's ultra light 3 gun rifle. Another advantage other than cost is that it weighs just 16 ounces, instead of 32. I know that the razor is a much higher quality scope (I haven't found one that I like as much), but if someone were on a tighter budget the Strike Eagle is a great option for the $$$$.

I love my Razor, but I had a problem with my rifle at a local match, and borrowed a friends rifle with the Strike Eagle on it for the long range stage. I really liked the scope made hits out to 400 yds with it. The Strike Eagle is a great scope for the money!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The one issue with the Strike Eagle is that the reticle lines are thick, especially on the holdover lines. They cover the whole target at 300+ yards. I switched to a Seiner P4Xi and it's amazing. Has the same reticle as the JM Razor and even though it's only a 1-4x I shoot better at long range with it because the glass is better and the reticle lines are fine. Worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortex Viper PST II 1-6, I got the MRAD reticle.  Looks like a Razor but less $$$.  Side by side, the glass is not quite as good, but very close.  Definitely worth the price.

:bow: