Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VP40 w TF extentions 18?

TCB

Anyone able to get 18 rounds into thier VP40 / P30 magazines with the Taylor Freelance extentions? I'm getting 17 no problem and can stuff 18 in but it's really hard to seat...I tried shaving down the followers and it helped a bit but I'm not sure how far I can go on them without compromising reliability. I love the gun and have been running it in Ltd. but an extra round would really help making it a little more competitive. Giving up 2 rounds to the 2011's & Glocks isn't too bad but 3 seems to make a difference on some stages. Any ideas?

If you go to Springer Precisions website they have extensions that will give you 19 or 20 rounds. The kit comes with a flat grams follower. I have them for my VP9 and I get 23 rounds of 9mm and is still legal in limited division.

Adam

Well, after thinking that the followers might be the ticket I grabbed my Dremel and went to work on the stock followers. I cut the rear "leg" off up to the height of the post in the middle where the spring attaches. Bingo, 18 rounds! Thanks for the inspiration. I'll see how they run, if there is any issues I'll order the Grams.