Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why are there a lot of duplicate posts?

Fairly certain it's related to people using mobile devices and thinking the poat doesnt go through and clicking it again and again until they see the result they expect only to find that each click actually worked and posted 2-5 times...

It is Tapatalk. When you hit the button to post the ad you get an error message and it appears as if it doesn't go thru. When you clear the error message and hit post again you get the error again. I think it posts an ad for the initial click, then again when you clear the error and again for the new submit. It's annoying and there is nothing on the user end that makes it seem like you just spam bombed the forum. Definitely a Tapatalk problem.

I've done it once and will no longer post ads from my phone. It's annoying as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shooterDrew

To post to this forums (and anything that is using HTTP), the POST method is used. What that means, is your computer takes all the stuff you want to send to the server, bundles it into one message and sends it to the server. The message is a complete package of all the stuff you want to send to the server. If you hit post again, it starts over. I will include a capture of what was sent when I hit post for this post. The process uses a highly reliable (TCP.IP) protocol so the odds are great that the message will get through. After hitting post once and you don't see anything "happen", don't hit post again, try and refresh your device by some method.. PCs seem to work pretty well. Mobile devices, well not so much.

ETA: Well, my packet capture software crashed, so I will try it one more time...

This pdf shows what was sent when I pushed POST the last time You will see the text from above embedded with some control codes, all highlighted in red :

EnosPostCapturePacketOnly.pdf

So PLEASE: Only hit post once!

Edited by ChuckS

Why is it...

Thread Titles
When starting a new thread, please use descriptive words in the thread’s Title. For example: Use –
"Failure To Extract in .40 caliber single stack"
Instead of –
"Has anyone seen this?" (Title)

thanks for clarifying this situation as I wondered what the heck was going on when I would see the same topic multiple times. now if I could only get my large picture files reduced and right side up...

Why is it...

Thread Titles

When starting a new thread, please use descriptive words in the thread’s Title. For example: Use –

"Failure To Extract in .40 caliber single stack"

Instead of –

"Has anyone seen this?" (Title)

:) As I clicked into this topic for the second time, wondering what the hell it was about... I thought of that.

Off to edit the title...