Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3GN Rumble on the Range stage setup

My dad and I have a bunch of steel plates and clay stands and enjoy getting friends together to shoot at our farm. We have been thinking about setting up a "Rumble on the Range" style shoot with a double elimination bracket for a fun day of competition.

I was wondering if anyone knew the official distances and target sizes for that setup. I was also hoping for some help on designing a stand for the double crossover popper.

All of our steel is only Ar400 now so we don't have anything we can shoot rifles at. I'm thinking about some 4" or 5" round Ar500 knock-over plates from Xsteel targetso to use for the rifle. Would that be a sufficient size if they are moved closer, or some type of rest were made available for the shooters?

I know most of this is really up to us and doesn't really matter, but I hoping for some opinions on what some of you guys thought, or if you any ideas that could help. I'd love to have some plate racks and the real MGM double popper but there's just no way we could afford it consider we host the shoots for free due to insurance purposes.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We have run two of this style match this year and everyone loved it.  We did not have rifle steel either and the range was not long enough anyway so we used clays hung from 2x4's. 6 on each like a plate rack but to get equal target size to a plate rack at 50 yards we had to move the clays to 25yds.