Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P30L in production

triplesinglestack

anyone else shooting a P30L in production? I just bought the P30L light LEM in .40 s&w, and saw that it is not on the approved handgun roster for production division. (I posted something in re-guard to this in the USPSA rules section) looking for some guidance before I shoot L-10.....

thanks

Jason

First, I wouldn't shoot a P30L in .40 in production. You are loosing too much by shooting a .40 when everyone else is shooting a 9mm. I would stay in L10 or shoot Limited. If you go to Springer Precision they have mag extensions that will give you 19 or 20 rounds of .40 with the P30 mags.

Just my two cents,

Adam

First, I wouldn't shoot a P30L in .40 in production. You are loosing too much by shooting a .40 when everyone else is shooting a 9mm. I would stay in L10 or shoot Limited. If you go to Springer Precision they have mag extensions that will give you 19 or 20 rounds of .40 with the P30 mags.

Just my two cents,

Adam

Depends if he reloads his ammo. The .40 can be loaded softer than 9mm at the same PF. IMO, I'd say the bigger disadvantage is shooting a gun with such a long trigger reset as opposed to something like a VP9 / VP40.

Yes and no. If you down load a round two much you can actually outrun the gun. If he was to send the gun to Lazy Wolf Guns he has a short reset he does to the trigger which makes it better then a VP9 trigger.

anyone else shooting a P30L in production? I just bought the P30L light LEM in .40 s&w, and saw that it is not on the approved handgun roster for production division. (I posted something in re-guard to this in the USPSA rules section) looking for some guidance before I shoot L-10.....

thanks

Jason

Get a CZ!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I shot a P30L for about a year in Production. Mine is a standard DA/SA in 9mm. I found the gun to be noticeably more accurate than my G34. Great gun, would be better if they went for a full 5" in their "L" model.