Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First "Propper" USPSA match - I've got lots of work to do,

ArrDave

Background - 3 year IDPA "veteran" (ESP/SSP/CDP EX). Switched to the 75 platform back in December from a 1911. So far so good on it. If it weren't for tanking on that re-shoot I would have finished much better, My hits were very good on my first run, the second run i sort of gave up on.

I had a blast! The reloading didn't mess me up too badly, as it seemed like there were natural points to do it. I've got the GA state section coming up, and the way I'm tracking I'm going to be a very high C or a low B according to classifier calc based on my 3 classifiers on the books.

So what do you see? What would you prioritize (other than "all of it") on skills development? All feedback welcome!

Load more aggressively, so you can move more aggressively.

Ditch the hodge podge of "different heights and different angles" mag pouches and buy five matching ones, a 2-piece belt, and a quality DOH holster.

As someone who alternated between IDPA and USPSA for three years (and thus used mixed mag pouches and an IDPA compliant holster in USPSA) I promise you it's holding you back more than you know.

Biggest low hanging fruit for you is movement. As I said, the harder and faster you load, the harder and faster you can move during that load.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

seriously.. stop watching and waiting for the steel to fall.. you have got to learn to call your shots on steel.. you really should think about doing several "all steel matches" to get you up to your real level..sorry..but this is what thought was the biggest area of sucking up time on the stages. its better to take a few milli seconds and get good hits on steel rather then taking a couple or more of .45 to .60 splits for make up shots.

seriously.. stop watching and waiting for the steel to fall..

That was the second thing I was going to touch on, but forgot.

Call your shot and go: See the sight lift, and get to the next position like your ass is on fire... and don't look back.

Calling shots is something I am working on and probably leading to me dwelling on sights too long, for sure

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

Load more aggressively, so you can move more aggressively.

Ditch the hodge podge of "different heights and different angles" mag pouches and buy five matching ones, a 2-piece belt, and a quality DOH holster.

As someone who alternated between IDPA and USPSA for three years (and thus used mixed mag pouches and an IDPA compliant holster in USPSA) I promise you it's holding you back more than you know.

Biggest low hanging fruit for you is movement. As I said, the harder and faster you load, the harder and faster you can move during that load.

I am going to get a proper belt set up, for sure, but it's behind thin safeties and a projectile order unfortunately

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.