Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xdm 5.25" .40sw to 9mm conversion?

Illmatica

I shoot 40 almost exclusively in my Open XDM but for Steel all I needed was a Springfield XDM 9MM barrel and 9MM magazines. Prolly should change the recoil spring too but I haven't found it necessary w/ Winchester WB or MagTech 9MM ammo. Might be necessary with lesser PF ammo.

I shoot 40 almost exclusively in my Open XDM but for Steel all I needed was a Springfield XDM 9MM barrel and 9MM magazines. Prolly should change the recoil spring too but I haven't found it necessary w/ Winchester WB or MagTech 9MM ammo. Might be necessary with lesser PF ammo.

Thanks. Now to find a barrel.

Edited by Illmatica

• 4 weeks later...

I acquired the XDM 40 and all the conversion pieces back when the XDM first came out. To the best of my 70 year old memory all the 9MM pieces are Springfield OEM. I've only used it rigged for 40 as long as I can remember. I moved recently and can't put my hands on the 9MM pieces. I'll form a search party and dig them out. I'll give you a holler when I know for certain. Might even take a couple pics.

LATR

Ron

• 4 weeks later...

I went from .40 to 9MM on my 4.5 XDM, this entailed a conversion barrell, mags, and the lighter spring. I gained 3-4 extras rounds with the Arrenondo extensions. The only problem is these are not legal for any USPSA matches. The rules are pretty clear that you cannot change calibers on a pistol. I use mine for 3 gun and have a ball with it.

• 1 month later...

Ahoy, Got side tracked and completely forgot all about this. Ran across my kit to run 9MM in my XDM. Turns out I used a Fire Dragon conversion barrel,    http://www.efkfiredragon.com/springfield-xdsub-xds-xdt-xdm1.html . They recommend using XDM 9MM magazines for more reliable feeding. I also have a steel guide rod and recoil spring of unknown lbs rating. Factory is 18# so mine is likely 14# or 16# as I was doing a lot of screwing around with springs back then, 12-13 years ago.

Again, sorry to have dropped the ball on this.

Naval Aviator - N Viet Nam

NRA LIFE & BENEFACTOR 

• 4 weeks later...