Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alpha Wolf Compensator from lonewolf?

hcore44

Does anyone have experience with the newer compensator from lonewolf, the alpha wolf? I don't have enough posts yet to post a link to it. Thanks for any input. Im thinking about trying out open division and saw this comp.

I have one I just got, just loaded ammunition for it today. 3 different loads for my G35 Open build. I also have a 5 port Carver I'm going to match it up head to head, and see which one operates better...let you know in a week or so. No joke I'm worried in general...Winchester Autocomp says 8 grains of powder...although it's 27,000 CUP which is Saami and below the 35-40k the barrel is rated for...still a lot of powder...I started at 6, 7 and then made some with 8 grains. Wondering how 3 vs 5 ports will operate with all that gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one I just got, just loaded ammunition for it today. 3 different loads for my G35 Open build. I also have a 5 port Carver I'm going to match it up head to head, and see which one operates better...let you know in a week or so. No joke I'm worried in general...Winchester Autocomp says 8 grains of powder...although it's 27,000 CUP which is Saami and below the 35-40k the barrel is rated for...still a lot of powder...I started at 6, 7 and then made some with 8 grains. Wondering how 3 vs 5 ports will operate with all that gas.

Where are you seeing that 8 grains of autocomp is 27,000? What bullet weight?

Damn that's a serious loading there Maj. I'm interested in converting my G35, so please do keep us updated!

Per Hodgdon's Website for AutoComp

Min - 135gr NOS JHP - @ 1.125

8.0gr - 1,236fp - 26,600psi

Max - 135gr NOS JHP - @ 1.125

8.8gr - 1,342fps - 32,700psi

If I build a Glock Open gun I am using a G22 with a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion. The nice part is Lone Wolf offers a 9mm comp for this barrel. I am curious to see impressions of the performance. I have a few projects to throw my spare cash at so this is at the end of the list currently.

See it is confirmed 8 grains inside spec...just feels like a lot of powder...saami says 35,000...so at 26,600...I'm thinking that's safe...even 8.8 Gns is below Max...probably have to bump up my bullet weight to 155 before I can sleep at night. Anyone got a ransom rest in dallas? I like my hands

Have a Carver 3-port that I use on my open G19.4 RMR and is a very flat shooter.

Or if the box, the comp was absorbing too much gas where with the factory recoil springs, it wouldn't cycle. Changed that out for a Jager G4 rod w/ 13# ISMI spring and it runs like a top shooting FM 147gr.

I have one on a G22 with a 9mm conversion barrel. I really like how it fits to the slide (the back of the comp is contoured to fit over the bull nose on the factory slide) so far I've only run minor in it, with a 11 lb spring it runs 100% with my 124gr production load. Tried it with some hotter long shot loads and it was super soft but my wife had a few FTE with that load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Edited by bikerburgess

I have one on a G22 with a 9mm conversion barrel. I really like how it fits to the slide (the back of the comp is contoured to fit over the bull nose on the factory slide) so far I've only run minor in it, with a 11 lb spring it runs 100% with my 124gr production load. Tried it with some hotter long shot loads and it was super soft but my wife had a few FTE with that load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So the contour comp will match the stock profile of the stock G22 slide?

• 4 weeks later...