Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Mini mr Bullet feeder

Anybody have one. Thinking of getting one for my second 650 instead of another mr bullet feeder being I don't use it very much except for custom stuff. Was wondering if it hit the powder drop any being its in the 3 rd station next to it. Looks like the tubes for the mini should clear it but don't know. Let me know before I order. Thanks

I have one that has been collecting dust for the last year. I can manually feed bullets faster than loading those tubes, I am going to purchase the real thing in the near future for my XL 650. I hope it meets your needs if you purchase one.

There is another option. Get the Hornady dropper die - it is only about $25... and add a plastic tube on top. You will get pretty much the functionality of MBF Mini for much less.

I have these on a couple of my rarely used 650 tool heads. I have acrylic tubes about 2' long.

There is another option. Get the Hornady dropper die - it is only about $25... and add a plastic tube on top. You will get pretty much the functionality of MBF Mini for much less.

I have these on a couple of my rarely used 650 tool heads. I have acrylic tubes about 2' long.

This is what I have and they work fine. I have 45; 9mm; and 38.

ive got 2 so i just load them up,push out 200 and then load them up again,after the 200 its nice just to have a little rest so filling them up again isn't a big deal,love them

I swap my proper bullet feeder between 2 presses. Its quicker than loading those tubes.

The collator doesn't need to be tight so it just lifts off.

I have the dropper die on both presses. Unscrew 1 allan key for the tube. Lift off, place on. Screw in the allan key.

My mini feed assembly has been sitting in the box for a long time, I find it easier to just drop a bullet into the top of the die than load up the entire assembly. The die holds a few extra in case I don't get one in there for some reason. For me it's quicker than placing the bullet on the case and making sure it's not crooked.

On the Hornady die - unless they've changed the design or spec in the past 3yrs you'll need to modify it if you're using coated bullets. It worked great for me when I was using jacketed but I needed to switch to the DA when I started using coated bullets.

I have used the mini version a while works great , filling the tubes is mutch easier than placing a bullet every time .

I now have build my own collator and still use the dropper die and powder funnel that came with the mini .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can say I like it a lot. For what it is it works awesome. I like that you don't have to place Bullets on cases. Not that putting them in was hard. It's just nice not to have to use that hand all the time. Just pull handle and watch.