Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Conversion 9 to 40, Dillo 650

MP9

Hi all.

I have a Diillon 650, I have been reloading only 9 for a couple of years.

Now I would like to reload some 40 for uspsa limited. I have an extra tool head, but would like to know what do I need to order. So far I know:

1- Dies for 40.

2- PINS, ( I can use the same shell plate)

not sure of:

3- Powder die?

4-Powder funnel?

I would like to keep all my 9mm dies in one of the tool head, and use the other for 40. However I cant afford now another powder measure. So, should I order the powder die and funnel? so when switch between 9 and 40 I only need to switch the powder measure and no the whole P/M + Dies?

Anything else?

Thanks

9mm and .40 share a shell plate?

If you have a case feeder just get a .40 conversion kit.

Then you'll need .40 dies.

Another powder measure makes it nice so you just swap out the entire tool head when you switch from 9mm to .40 and you won't have to tinker with adjusting the powder measure.

Not quite. You will need a Station one locator as well. If you have the case feeder, you will also need case feed adapter, case feeder arm and case feeder body for the appropriate caliber

If you go to ultimatereloader.com, there is a very nice chart that will tell you what part numbers you need for any caliber conversion

I have an extra tool head too I just went ahead an ordered the whole quick change kit as well as the caliber conversion kit. Going from 9mm to 40 S&W just like you. For like $20 more you get another tool head and a tool head stand vs just buying a powder measure and powder die. I just ordered everything from the Enos store because the shipping is cheaper than what I have been quoted on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the information.

it was helpful.

I wanted to update the original post with what I ordered but cant edit it.

I ordered:

1- 40 conversion kit (I bought it locally and dillon price)

2 - Lee FCD, dillon powder die of course, lee Undersized, and Lee seating die.. (very easy to adjust, I'm thinking in replacing my dillon 9mm dies for lee lol)..

that's it everything I need to start reloading 40.

At some point I will order a case feeder plate, powder measure...(it would be good to have but no needed now)..

thanks

Edited by MP9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some say the 40 takes the large pistol case feed plate but I use the small and don't really have any problems with it

It is 100% with both but when I try it the large plate is a bit faster. Unless I was out running the feeder (unlikely) it'seems not a problem either way.