Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 .40 S&W for USPSA Single Stack

rlrock

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on the Trojan. Many of my friends at the club have them and they can be made quite good. Most folks have gotten the Dawson Competition ready version and then added EGW sear and lightened hammer. Shoots as well as my DW.

A LGS in Ohio has a 40 Trojan on sale for around $950 (if I remembered correctly), brand new. Is that a deal, or just pretty normal pricing?

Sounds like a deal to me. Most STI Trojans I've seen that are new usually run no less then $1100.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/2/2016 at 3:12 AM, spencerattix said:

I run a Trojan in .40 with Tripp mags. It runs great with factory 180 gr ammo, Blazer, CCI, Freedom Munitions.....

I have a Sig TME stainless in .40, and am looking for 10 round mags that are "box friendly". Does such a thing exist?

2 hours ago, elftech86 said:

I have a Sig TME stainless in .40, and am looking for 10 round mags that are "box friendly". Does such a thing exist?

Yes call tripp and ask for 10 round system mags

Yes call tripp and ask for 10 round system mags

I run the trip 10 rounders that came pre trimed and they​ fit the box when used in my sig tme and other then a 175 lswc load I was trying they have run 100%

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, bockerSV said:

If Dan Wesson rolled out a .40 in the PM line again I think I would have to free up some money for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely.  Getting one custom ordered in that same config is pricey...

10 hours ago, bockerSV said:

If Dan Wesson rolled out a .40 in the PM line again I think I would have to free up some money for one.

every now and then i'll see a run of SS 40 guns from DW, but it's been a couple years now I think.

At any rate, they make a pm7, and 45 is mo bettah than 40.

DW does make a 40 from their custom shop...... just sayin'. Mine is labeled a Marksman 40, and is basically a stainless Valor in .40 S&W. I agree, it would be great if they added 40 to their production runs. 

37 minutes ago, bockerSV said:

Not that I'm an expert on their products but I believe all of the Rock Island single stacks in .40 have bull barrels so no go for SS.

That's correct and no cut in the slide to accept a bushing / bushing barrel.

They have the tactical model that is a bushing gun .  The only reason I mentioned it is because I noticed it on a GB site.  I was surprised to see it.  It is the same model that is in 9mm as well as 45.  The Novak copies on the sights and the ambi's.  I would have bought it, but I picked up the same gun in 9mm for my son to learn with.  I think I typed in 1911 40 S&W in the search box.   It is a cheap way to get started.

They have the tactical model that is a bushing gun .  The only reason I mentioned it is because I noticed it on a GB site.  I was surprised to see it.  It is the same model that is in 9mm as well as 45.  The Novak copies on the sights and the ambi's.  I would have bought it, but I picked up the same gun in 9mm for my son to learn with.  I think I typed in 1911 40 S&W in the search box.   It is a cheap way to get started.

You sure ? I emailed them months ago and was told no bushing 40's. What's the model number?

1 minute ago, SCTaylor said:

You sure ? I emailed them months ago and was told no bushing 40's. What's the model number?

They told me the same thing so I bought a Sig Sauer "Standard", trigger not bad at all!  Flawless feeding from .45 ACP magazines with long loads.

OK, just reporting what I had seen.  Trying to help.

And you've seen something I haven't! I'd love to know what model RÍA you saw, I couldn't find it last night.

John McClain just won M-class SS at Area 2. When I checked out the video on YouTube, the description mentioned a RIA 1911 in 40. Since I had also contacted Armscor a little while ago (late 2015?) and was told they couldn't help me with a SS legal 1911 in 40, I pinged John on Facebook. He said it was a custom build , but that he's pushing really hard for them to come out with that gun as a standard model.

Perhaps we all need to send some emails and make some calls to Armscor requesting a 5" SS-legal 1911 in 40? A 6" model would be nice, too, I think. :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This is the best I can do.  I am computer dumb.    Sorry you did not see it.  It is from Grab-A-Gun                                       

• ROCK ISLAND ARMORY M1911-A1 BLACK .40S&W 5-INCH 8RD

Rock Island Armory M1911-A1 Black .40S&W 5-inch 8rd

ROCK ISLAND ARMORY M1911-A1 BLACK .40S&W 5-INCH 8RD

In Stock

$586.00
Only 2 left
Qty:
GRAB A QUOTE - GET A LOW PRICE
OR
ADD TO CART

No Hidden Credit Card Fees!

$7.99 Flat Rate shipping on all firearms!
(8.25% tax for TX residents)

Note: Many of our pictures are stock photos provided by manufacturers and do not always represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described on this page before you place your order.

• DESCRIPTION
  • ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
  • REVIEWS

Rock Island Armory M1911-A1 FS Tactical II .40 S&W (51719)

Features:

- Single action
- Series 70 type firing system
- VZ grips
- Combat hammer
- Skeletonized trigger
- Ambidextrous thumb safety
- High sweep grip
- Fiber optic front sight
- Tactical style adjustable rear sight
- Parkerized finish

Specifications:

- Model: 1911Tactical Series
- Caliber: 40SW
- Action: Single Action
- Capacity: 8 1
- Finish: Parkerized
- Stock: VZ Grips
- Sights: FT: Fiber Optic RR: Tactical Style Adjustable
- Barrel: 5"
- Length: 8.5"
- Features: Series 70 Type Firing System/ Guide Rod/ Bull BBL

COMPARE PRODUCTS

You have no items to compare.

CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS ITEM ALSO BOUGHT

As JimmyBob mentioned, this company has a Remington 1911 in 40 listed for $900 as well.   Sometimes companies have guns for sale that are not in the catalog, as well as some of the phone receptionist could not tell the difference between a 1911 and a striker fired pistol.  Hope the info helps SCTaylor