Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 .40 S&W for USPSA Single Stack

rlrock

I was wondering what 1911 in .40 would be good for USPSA Single Stack. I don't want a 9mm or .45, but want to use my .40 reloads.

STI Trojan and Sig Match Elite are in my radar. I would appreciate any feedback and insight.

Thanks.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Place a WTB for a Dan Wesson.

yeah, if i could find a wesson singlestack classic, I would go that route, but I looked around for a bit earlier this week on a whim and found zero of them. whereas you can get trojans all day long from dawson or brazos or someone else reputable.

RIA makes a single-stack in 40. You could also snag one of their 10mm 1911s and get a 40 barrel for it.

Those are bull barreled guns, which is a no-go for full size in single stack. Which is a shame, because they would be good cheap fun otherwise.

I've been shooting an STI Sentry .40 for about a year now in single stack and have been very pleased with it. The Sentry I believe is discontinued but there are other single stack options available from STI.

Trojan in .40S&W is solid. I made a minor adjustment to the extractor to change the ejection pattern a bit, but it didn't NEED to be done, just preference. Making the flip/catch easier. It has been functionally flawless, and shoots like a laser.

It came with a lot of Checkmate mags, which have been totally reliable.

Edited by Dr Mitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another vote for the Sig Max in 40. I have a Sig 1911 in 45 and I'm very happy with it's performance. I have handled the Sig Max at a gun store, its a nice gun with good features

Have a Sig Elite in 40 never a problem also A STI Sentry with the Brazo Competition parts, Koenig hammer and Sig flat trigger installed. never a problem with the Sig but can not say same for the Senrty(not going to complain here, when it runs runs great). Planning on selling the STI and buy a Sig Max in 40.