Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 .40 S&W for USPSA Single Stack

rlrock

@troupe Found that gun this morning, website (Model # 51719) says it's a bull barrel, believe me I'd love to find a cheap 1911 in 40 with a bushing barrel.  I agree with re-barreling, it would put the cost way to high to be worth.

The Remington has my interest.  But other than that is seems the STI Trojan, Remington, and Sig are the only production line guns available for competition 40's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Para USA Pro Comp .40 is an amazing out of the box competition ready single stack gun.
You can find them for $1k on GB. It has adjustable rear sight with fiber optic front, excellent 2.25 lbs trigger after you throw out the series 80 parts and put in a series 80 shim and a 17 lbs main spring. I absolutely love mine!
Stainless frame and slide with high quality PVD finish, G-10 grips and aggressive front and rear cocking serrations. I did have the ambi safety replaced after it broke. The gun is awesome and has a lifetime warranty from Remington. Para was making some awesome guns right before Remington closed the shop.
I use the Tripp 10 mm mags that fit the box with 180 grain loaded at 1.185. Absolutely flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk