Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cmore batteries dying very fast

seanc

I have an aluminum click cmore. I typically use two 357/303 batteries. Recently this scope has taken to killing the batteries incredibly fast. Today I was shooting and put two brand new energizer 357 lith ion batteries in it and literally in less than 3 min the dot had lost half its brigthness, cranked to the max it was barely visible.

On a volt meter both batteries new from the package came out at 1.55+ v as you'd expect. When the dot goes dim, I pop them out and measure again and 1 battery is still 1.55 and the other had plummeted to 1.1v.

This is the 3rd set of batteries that have gotten killed on my very very fast. At first I thought it was bad batteries, but each pair has been bought brand new from different lots and in the last 2 sets its the same story, one of the two batteries is still measuring 1.55 and the other is 1.1 to 1.2.

thanks!

sean

Thanks.

I have an assortment of dots here, I just put a new one in with two new batteries and will see if it behaves differently. If it repeats I will send it off to cmore. It is to bad, this one just came back from cmore for another repair...

Yep. Try new module first (as above they do go bad and killing batteries has been a symtom I've had in the past). If that doesn't solve it something's wrong in its belly and it needs to go back to cmore for surgery.

It definitely seems to have been the dot.

I put a new dot and two more new batteries in that measured 1.55 and in scope they measure 3.10.

I turned it on 6 clicks left it, after 60 minutes dot brightness did not noticeably and the two batteries measured 2.98v and on removal each battery measure 1.49.

After going through 3 sets of batteries all from different lots and diff types(lith ion, silver di) where the dot was loosing all brightness in less than 10 minutes, only changing the diode changed the result, so I am sold/convinced it was the bad part.

thanks,

sean

I was wrong I guess.

Shot the gun and after about 75 rounds, stuff mags, pulled it back out and no dot at all this time. Took it apart and this time the batteries were till pretty good.

Back to cmore it goes...

• 8 months later...

Ok c-more has a problem with the click manly seeing it the Alum body units. Please no body tell me how they had there’s for 25 years and never seen any problem and there gun has 1,000,000 rounds through it. We are on #2 this weekend with wife’s gun and another shooter Henry lost one 2 week ago and his partner just got his back from cmore. All Aluminum and all click type. You think you're going through battery's but all you need to is tap on the rheostat and the dot will come back on and stay or might die on the first shot. I believe our buddy Mel that sent his to cmore had them install the other switch and we have been told it's a good fix. 

7 hours ago, MarkS_A18138 said:

Ok c-more has a problem with the click manly seeing it the Alum body units. Please no body tell me how they had there’s for 25 years and never seen any problem and there gun has 1,000,000 rounds through it. We are on #2 this weekend with wife’s gun and another shooter Henry lost one 2 week ago and his partner just got his back from cmore. All Aluminum and all click type. You think you're going through battery's but all you need to is tap on the rheostat and the dot will come back on and stay or might die on the first shot. I believe our buddy Mel that sent his to cmore had them install the other switch and we have been told it's a good fix. 

Send it in then?

22 hours ago, MarkS_A18138 said:

Kevin I have a box of 5 cmores leaving the today for repair. I was told yesterday it's a 1 to 1 1/2 week turn around. Just include a note and tell them problems. 

I sent in my rts 2 to have the dot module changed on Friday the 3rd and haven't got it back yet. But with shipping times I'm hoping this week would be about right on time.