Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prescription TR45 lenses

Andreas

I checked with Oakley over the winter and the answer was no. I went with the Prizm Trail prescriotion lens. They are about the same light transmission.

Edited by robb315

I checked with Oakley over the winter and the answer was no. I went with the Prizm Trail prescriotion lens. They are about the same light transmission.

I’ve emailed Oakley to see what they say. How do you like the Prism Trail lenses for shooting?

I’m currently wearing TR45s in my Ballistic M-Frames with prescription inserts. I like how the tint helps with contrast on paper targets. The trail lenses seem more skewed toward purple.

Heard back from Oakley:

Thank you for contacting us. We’re stoked to hear about your interest in Oakley Prescription Eyewear. Unfortunately, the TR22 and TR45 are not offered in prescription. However, that doesn't mean that it won't happen in the future, but as of now it's not an option.

Hands down TR45.

TR45 was designed to make targets stand out from backgrounds, to give very distinct outlines of targets against the background. They were designed with military and 3 gun personnel.

They also make a TR45 Ti which is a titanium coated lens that takes glare away. I have them in my Reaps. I use the regular TR45 in my Radars. I like the Reaps for sunnier days or looking more into direct sunlight.

Prizm trail is more for seeing differences in terrain. Rocks, logs, ditches etc. I tried them for shooting, impo they sucked for shooting.

A better choice than Trails would be the pink based photo chromatic lens.

If you have the option the, TR45. Op was looking for prescription and unfortunately the Tr45 isn't available in a prescription lens. Red or rose base are usually what people like to use for shooting. The TR45 is an orange base and the Trail is a grapefruit. I actually really like the Trails for shooting. I don't like a dark lens and I looked through all the Prizm lenses available in prescription and these seemed the best to me.

If you have the option the, TR45. Op was looking for prescription and unfortunately the Tr45 isn't available in a prescription lens. Red or rose base are usually what people like to use for shooting. The TR45 is an orange base and the Trail is a grapefruit. I actually really like the Trails for shooting. I don't like a dark lens and I looked through all the Prizm lenses available in prescription and these seemed the best to me.

Can you get the insert and use the TR45 lens in the Radars? Everyone has their what is best for them. I was going by how they were designed and what I was given to try out etc. To me MPO i did not like the trails for shooting. Sorta to purpleish looking for me and targets weren't distinct enough.

I'm currently using Ballistic M-Frame 3.0s with TR45 lenses and a prescription insert. The combination works well enough, but two sets of lenses result in additional surfaces for reflecting stray light and real cleaning fun once sweat gets rolling in the summer. I also run into trouble with my eye lashes mucking up the insert because they sit very close.

A single set of tinted prescription lenses would be preferable. I'm not seeing a pink lens with similar transmission available in prescription format for Oakley frames like the Flak 2.0, so I'm researching other manufacturers (Decot, Pilla, etc.).

I'd like to stick with Oakley due to the excellent impact rating, so I'm open to ideas.

Edited by Andreas