Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack sti polymer grip

moparnut88

Does any have any experience with one. I know they don't make them any more. I'm wanting to build a shorty for steel challenge outta one if anybody has any leads on one. Thnks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hello: I have had a couple but sold them. The grip is the same as the standard it is the mag release that is special. I found they don't reload very well and magazine choice is another factor for reliability. I would just use a standard grip with 124mm 2011 magazines if it was me. Thanks, Eric

They do but they are a regular 2011 grip with polymer inserts/spacers so it is not like there was a separate mould made for the SS mags. Sometimes adapting something for another purpose doesn't work out as well as you would like as you can see from Eric's experience. Eric really works out his equipment and if he says they aren't that great I would take his word for it.

I've had a couple of them, IIRC it was primarily inserts inside the mag well which would be easy to fab out of plastic or aluminum. The mag release is unique but I'm sure a good machinist or welder could make something it you really wanted one and couldn't find anything for sale. In the end I found it didn't really accomplish anything since you can make the original mags reliable.