Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio GoldCustom Holster

I've got a DAA magnetic holster for my open gun but I've had issues with it locking and staying in. The gun actually fell out at a charity match after unload and show clear and got me a DQ. Anyone using something different? Did you have to do any adjusting with the DAA?

Thanks

Gump

I tried a non-magnetic Racemaster for Tanfo once and while I liked it, it didn't always draw smooth; I know Nealio has one all dialed in, so maybe he can give some guidance, but I already had a CR Speed for Tanfo which works pretty well so I sold it off.

Thanks, the holster issues is the main reason I don't shoot open right now. I will go to holster and it's like the magnetic block is in the wrong position and so I have to pull the button in the back up or down then re holster and lock it. It's simply real finicky

You know how you have to draw from the DAA pretty much in line with the slot in order for the draw to be clean and smooth? Reholstering is the same way. I found it quite annoying for the first month or so, then spent a little time working on it, and now I think it's no big deal. You just can't slop it in like with some Bladetech rig.

You know how you have to draw from the DAA pretty much in line with the slot in order for the draw to be clean and smooth? Reholstering is the same way. I found it quite annoying for the first month or so, then spent a little time working on it, and now I think it's no big deal. You just can't slop it in like with some Bladetech rig.

Sounds like a few good dry fire sessions would probably fix the issue. I shoot production and so it's just get the Stock 2 out the holster.

I use the Safariland 014 with my Gold Team (and Stock III). It works OK altho I did have to cut down the muzzle retention "plug" to speed up the draw stroke.

I am very impressed with the Suomi ASE, which I use for my CZ TS .40 in Limited. They offer one for the Gold Team I think.

Sounds like a few good dry fire sessions would probably fix the issue. I shoot production and so it's just get the Stock 2 out the holster.

I suspect that's exactly what you would find. You may need to play around with the precise positioning and alignment of the holster so that the slot is in line with a natural arm motion for you. If my DAA magnetic gets knocked cattywumpus, then I'll start having a lot of resistance on draws and reholstering. But when it's correctly adjusted, and now that I've got the move ingrained, I feel it's better and faster than with my old low-cut bladetech.

Edited by ATLDave

BeerBaron might also be able to shed some light on the DAA.

Not sure if there is a perfect holster out there. All of them seem to need a little adjusting here and there.

I'm using the Manny Bragg Universal magnetic, ( which has quite a few adjustments to it ) in general it's been pretty good.

However If I haven't been shooting in a while, I have to remember to keep my elbow in a little, so I draw the gun a bit more straight up and out, or it will catch on the sides.

Like you said, a few dry fire sessions to help muscle memory.

Best of luck.

Edited by gennaro

I suspect that's exactly what you would find. You may need to play around with the precise positioning and alignment of the holster so that the slot is in line with a natural arm motion for you. If my DAA magnetic gets knocked cattywumpus, then I'll start having a lot of resistance on draws and reholstering. But when it's correctly adjusted, and now that I've got the move ingrained, I feel it's better and faster than with my old low-cut bladetech.

Thanks, I think you're right about it prolly being more me than the holster. Want to shoot more open this summer. Now if I can get my big sticks to be more reliable then it'll be game on, lol