Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A few pics of the Open Div. XTR-12 we have been working on

Still working on getting everything fine tuned. Been making a lot of changes throughout the gun in the last week. Hoping to have one of our mid-barrel comps on it and reliable high capacity mags by the end of the week.

Will this be a better platform than the Akdal?

Not sure at this point, definitely has some better features, but some of them also don't lend themselves toward high cap mags. And, we have had 4 years to work on the MKA, about 2 weeks on the XTR. B) had several discouraging days first of the week, we may have figured out one a few minutes ago.

Ooowee that is a sweet looking shotgun! How does it balance with that large of a magazine?

Balance is excellent , same as the MKA, even with a 28 round mag the weight is back so it swings way better than having 12-28 rnds on the front of the gun.

Any preliminary ball park on what cost will be?

Basic gun is $1100.00 , race ready gun with 1 14 round mag will be about the same as our Ultimate 3Gun package with the MKA - around $1800.00

Not sure yet if we can do a mid barrel comp on this gun .

We got some of the first shipped, got them May 17 or 18, serial numbers just over 100.

There was an ambi model, every thing reversible for lefties, not sure when that will appear.

Interest peaking...? Edited by RiggerJJ

It looks like everything is metal construction.

Does the shotgun take down easier than the Akdal?

Are you going to do a full review comparing the Akdal to the XTR-12?

It would be nice to see a side by side comparing build quality and unique features (i.e. gas systems, recoil, etc..)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Matt, how much adjustment does the XTR require out of the box in order to run reliably? If I get one I wouldn't be looking to make much if any major modifications to it, just wanting to know how it runs out of the box - Would like to get one as a fun and different range toy, but don't want to spend all my time tweaking it rather than shooting it...

• 4 months later...

Been thinking of moving to unlimited class for 2017 and have been eyeballing the tooth and nail site regularly.  My buddy has one of your 1919s and loves it.  The XTR comes in at a better price point but the 1919 has worked up a good Reputation.  Just wondering what ya'lls opinion is.  

Business has been crazy this year which is a good thing. Since we are a small shop it is difficult to keep up with our current demand and get some good R&D time on this platform. Also UTAS has been making quite a few running changes on the XTR which makes it difficult to work on from a reliability standpoint. We have seen atleast 4 "generations" of the model in the last 6 months. As soon as they settle on a final design we will devote more time to the platform and work on making it a reliable option for Open shooters. I will post here as we make progress.