Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

92 FS Hammer spring life

Bummy425

I have a 92FS Brig that I installed a 'D' spring on about 6000 rounds ago. Yesterday at a match i had two light primer strikes. There were both on the first shot of the stage (double action). I use winchester primers, the only other light strikes I have ever had were on Belloit primers when I had a 'competition' hammer spring installed (supposedly lighter than the D, to be honest I couldnt really tell the difference). Could the D spring be worn out? [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Possibly starting to get weak. How much dry fire? I run a lighter spring than the D, with Fed Match primers, and change it out at the end of every season.

Thanks guys.....they are cheap so ill just swap it out and see if that helps. Could be the primers too...if i keep getting them maybe i just got a bad batch of wspp's.

Thanks guys.....they are cheap so ill just swap it out and see if that helps. Could be the primers too...if i keep getting them maybe i just got a bad batch of wspp's.

If the spring wasn't NIB, consider it worn out...

Also - if this is a comp-only pistol, try a lighter spring from WC too... Might work nice.

I actually have a WC Brig-TAC on order with all their trigger mods....so this will become my backup gun. I did try their comp spring and I was getting quite a few light strikes...say 5%ish when that spring was NIB. They warned that you need to use fed primers, but im not seeing thoae available here

For a note, at one time I used the Win primers all the time. I then had a batch of about 3k that I would get a lot of light strikes (second time it would go off), or not go off at all. About 1 or 2 per hundred, maybe more. I ended up using them up as practice ammo since in a match that is just not fun. :D I have since switched to Fed or Fed Match, depending on what I can get at the time. Plus I now use an even lighter spring as a benefit.