Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bumped the extended mag release on the draw

IHAVEGAS

And so I fired one round and then nothing.

That was last weekend. Took me a bit to figure out what I did, bad mag, didn't seat the mag, etc.. I do not bump the mag release during practice, but if I'm adrenaline charged and miss the right grip a smidge I can do it.

I mention it because this weekend I watched Max Michell do a quick draws and reloads seminar at the NRA annual. He said something very similar to "I do not use an extended magazine release because you are liable to bump them during a match when you do not mean to".

Any specific reason you are using one? I have tried one to help eliminate a flipping motion on mag changes. It didn't seem to help. But practice over and over did eventually get me past it.

Any specific reason you are using one? I have tried one to help eliminate a flipping motion on mag changes. It didn't seem to help. But practice over and over did eventually get me past it.

It came with the gun (CZ 75 CTS) , after working with a different CZ 75 with stock mag release I prefer the latter. Will go to stock as soon as I get courageous enough to remove the stupid staked in screw that holds things together on that gun.

• 10 months later...

I just switched to kydex for my limited gun  two weeks ago. Yesterday this happened twice with my SV.  Rough count, it cost me 7-8 seconds each time and cost me a division win. I spent last night with a dremel relieving the holster pouch because I don't think removing the extended button is an option on my gun. 

Edited by tha1000

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:11 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

It came with the gun (CZ 75 CTS) , after working with a different CZ 75 with stock mag release I prefer the latter. Will go to stock as soon as I get courageous enough to remove the stupid staked in screw that holds things together on that gun.

I've had the same problem with the TS.  I had to work on my grip a bunch, and I filed down the rear half of the button as well.