Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.357Sig Feeding Dramas, CZ TS Mags - 9mm vs .40 Differences

Hennig

Hey fellas,

I have been shooting my 9mm TS for a while now, love it. I recently bought a used .357Sig TS, and am having a bear of a time getting it to feed (nosediving etc). The mags it come with are marked 9mm/.40 on the basepad, and have a different follower to my newer 9mm mags.

The 9/40 mags nosedive with more than 8 rounds in them.

The newer 9mm mags can only fit 7 in there (being capped to 10 rounds of 9mm, thanks Australia).

The most success Ive had is using the newer 9mm follower and spring in the uncapped 9/40 mag bodies.

Now, to the crux of my post. I contacted the Australian CZ importer (where the .357 came from originally..), and asked whether the dedicated .40 mags would solve my problems. These guys sell converted .357 TS's, so should know for sure. I couldn't get a straight answer; just that more .40 mags would be in stock in X weeks.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any follower/mag lips/spring differences between the dedicated .40 mags, and the two types I have already. Id hate to drop $400AUD on new mags and have it not solve the problem.

See pics below:

Newer 9mm mag on left, older 9/.40 mag on right in all of the following images.

C24DE999-90B7-403A-9516-17769DD1020C_zps

5A2B17D3-ADEA-4905-BB8D-5B5F16EE2496_zps

9A119DB4-F82D-43B9-937E-1505979798DB_zps

EC37B2D6-9F37-4E2E-BB3F-401252A4D74B_zps

AA1D31DE-CE86-463C-A449-24D8267B8B79_zps

Fingers crossed you guys can give me some advice and that new mags are all I need!

The 9/40 on the base pad just means the base pad can be used for 9 or 40, your picture shows two 9mm tubes, the 40 mags don't have ribs. The 10 round 40 mag looks like this:

CZ%2075%20TAC%20SPORT-IPSC%2040%20S&W%20

Full cap looks like this:

122037.jpg

Running .357 Sig in a .40 mag should solve all your problems.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Awesome, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I was sure that would be the case, but wanted to hear it from some that are smarter than me before I pulled the trigger (so to speak).

Obviously the mags that the previous owner was using with the gun didnt make their way to me...

Thanks fellas!

Yep! I've been running .357Sig in a P320 for a while now, love the cartridge (especially over here where we cant really have .40 and larger).

I guess I figured that since he sold the gun with 4 mags that they were the right ones for the job (hence my confusion trying to figure this out).

Mystery solved - its always the simple things that get you!

I run those 10 round 40's in both of my TS's in Sig with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TS 10 rght mags seem to fit tight in a Tactical Sport, plastic on the bottom 2 inches really is cheesy, any recommendations ?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I haven't had any problems with them in my TS but did have a problem with some mags in my TS Orange. To fix I opened up the frame just inside the magwell with a dremel.

TS 10 rght mags seem to fit tight in a Tactical Sport, plastic on the bottom 2 inches really is cheesy, any recommendations ?

I dislike all of the plastic section 10 round CZ mags i have used, the 9mm's gave me allot of trouble. Are blocked free state mags not an option? That is what i use to get away from the 9mm factory 10 rounders for my TS and 75's.

Edited by Tok36

I dislike all of the plastic section 10 round CZ mags i have used, the 9mm's gave me allot of trouble. Are blocked free state mags not an option? That is what i use to get away from the 9mm factory 10 rounders for my TS and 75's.
Not understanding what you mean "free state" mags,

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not understanding what you mean "free state" mags,

Some people in states with magazine capacity laws permanently block standard capacity mags which tend to function better/utilize aftermarket base pads.
Thanks Atlas I understand now,I'll work on the issue via that solution,

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk