Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiya from Idaho

sleepdr

I joined up almost 9 years ago and forgot to post an intro. Work and family climbed to the top of my priority list, and now I find myself getting an interest in competition after getting settled into my 40s. It's time to get out of the all work and no play rut.

Shooting isn't new to me - my grandfather taught me around age 5 or 6, and I had a little stretch of being a training junkie near the end of the last decade. That was all just fundamentals of marksmanship and manipulations, use of force, and defensive training. Older, slower, and out of practice, I'm a newbie all over again.

Cheers.

I have a few more guns than I need or have time to shoot. My highest mileage firearms are a Baer TRS and an LMT Defender 2000. The Baer has a bit of finish wear from honest use. The LMT is just dog ugly with beat up Krylon covering scratches in the anodizing.

Coming soon will be an STI Executive once we finish the transaction. My "I'll take it" reply in the classifieds was actually my first real post on BE.com.

It's a great area & shooting community. A buddy dragged me along to an IDPA match a few years ago. A coworker has been working on me this year to come out to some USPSA or Steel Challenge.

It's easy to get spoiled and broke out here. Need a box of targets or a stand? MGM is a phone call & 20 minute drive away.

Thanks for the welcome, gang.

I'm in the Boise area - Meridian, actually. It takes about as long to drive to the land south of the airport as it does to the Nourse range over by Lake Lowell. My wife gave me a membership to the Parma range for Christmas, but it's an all-day affair go that far. I've only been there once about 9 years ago.

Come join us at the Nampa Rod and Gun outdoor range. Probably about the same distance to G. Nourse range from Meridian, minus the detour for a Hep C shot at an emergency room.

We shoot USPSA on the 1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday of the month. Steel Challenge every Monday and Weds evening from about 4-ish until dusk.