Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm mags?

1911vm

For 9x9mm the Metalform/Springfield Front Ramp is technically superior.

But the old standard rear spacer 1949 design works in my guns.

I have heard of the supposed advantage to a 9+1 gun in IDPA because it lets you reload between targets instead of on one.

But that only works if your MD is unimaginative and all targets are two hit paper. Some steel or three hit targets will lead you to the 10 round magazine.

I have several brands and now favor the McCormick XP.

Hello: For IDPA you have to have a couple of tools in the toolbox depending on the match. 9 round mags work well sometimes and so do 10 round mags. Make your choice before the match begins by looking at the stages. I have both 9 round and 10 round mags. Thanks, Eric

Don't have any 9 rounders, but if you want 10 rd. 9 mm magazines the Dawson's are top shelf. I have 12 of them and are very pleased. Sold my Tripp to buy them after I bought one Dawson to test.

Edited by Philip Dedmon

I run 10rd wilsons and they work great, also have had really good luck with Tripp mags

Same here. I am currently running Wilson 10 rd magazine, but have also had very good luck with the Tripp magazines.

Run 10 rounders and get 1 Springfield mag. It it makes sense to shoot 9 rounds use the 9!rounder 1 time and the rest then need to be loaded to match.

Your have to use the same mags for the whole match.

Wilson 10 rounders have been perfect for 10k rounds in my SA RO 9, I will admit I got a smokin deal on them, 5 nib for 100 bucks, had they not been flawless I would have dumped them