Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate Glock 35 Limited Build

hlpressley

After shooting IDPA for the last few years I have decided to make the transition to USPSA. I shot a few matches in Production and enjoyed it but Limited is more popular in my area and it just looks like more fun. I am thinking of picking up a new Gen4 35 for the purposes of building a Limited gun. With that said, if you were building the ultimate Limited gun using the Glock platform how would your build look? What parts would it consist of? Not really concerned about staying under a certain dollar amount but I don't want to waste money either. Just trying to get a few ideas as I start to collect parts for the build over the next few days. Thanks for any input.

Vanek Grandmaster Trigger Kit (Comes with the Jager Lightened Extended Tip Striker that is matched with the Kit). , Sevigny or Dawson sights, SJC or Dawson Magwell, Jager SS Guide Rod 13 lb ISMI Spring for Minor & 15 lb ISMI Spring for Major. Arredondo Magazine Extensions (Comes with the Wolff Springs ready to go). If you shoot lead at all get a KKM Barrel..

Edited by bigtimelarry

been there done that. i dropped a reworked ZEV ultimate trigger and got a 2.1lbs trigger in the process. couldn't be happier with my build.

very competitive gun, better than me anyways . with all the parts i've fitted to that gun, it still drives me under 1500$. not an SV by any means, but i like to think the only limited factor is the few onces missing compared to an SV.....i'm still playing with the idea of an ugly HJC counterweight on the front LOL!!

11gt7x4.jpg

zev ultimate trigger

tungsten guide rod

extended mag-slide release

taylor freelance bling brass basepads

dawson ice heavy magwell

slide lightening

LPA SPR adjustable sights

Edited by sigsauerfan

Ultimate Limited Glock - get a G24 if you can find one B)

Then add:

DK Custom trigger

Dawson sights

TTI base pads

TTI magwell

15lb. spring with whatever guide rod you like

That's really all you need and all I did to mine. When I switched to Limited I thought I might want a frame weight, but after actually shooting it I don't feel the need. And I can use my Production holster.

If your shooting fmj, plated, or lead coated bullets you'll do just fine with the factory barrel. I had issues with feeding in a kkm with my hand loads using truncated cone lead bullets loaded as long as i could reliably feed in my magazines, but the factory barrel works perfect. I use zev triggers, but I also hear the DK triggers are worth every penny, probably gonna try one in the future. I'll also second the dawson sights and magwell. Arredondo mag extension are nice, TT though have extra weight at the bottom to help drive the mag out during release. You will have to cut the retention pins though or just double check them every time if your using a dawson ice magwell, they hit on the magwell. SJC makes a good mag release button as well. Speaking of SJC, if your okay with sticking with a ghost holster or cr spead rescomp, then the SJC frame weight is a great addition. The biggest downfall IMO with running plastic guns in major power factor against full length metal dust cover guns is the muzzle flip from the added recoil. The frame weight really helps with that, but limits your holster options. SJC offers a mod service for the ghost holster, you can mod the cr speed with a dremel easy enough though. My two cents though to add the already good advice hear. Oh and my spelling is horrible I know.

Thanks for all of the advice so far guys. I am really excited about this build!

For those of you who have lightened your slides, how much weight have you removed? I definitely plan to send my slide to Doug @ DP Custom Works for some slide milling/lightening.

If you decide to go with a frame weight but don't want a race holster my kydex guy has my gun innthe shop now making up a few holsters for guys www.redeyetacticalgear.com

I can tell a difference with a frame weight seeing how I'm coming from only shooting 9mm to bumping up to major pf

I have a Glock 35 limited gun. I spared no expense and put a ton of money into it. Now it sits in the safe and I shoot an STI.

IMO if you really want an ultimate limited gun it's not a glock.

I have a Glock 35 limited gun. I spared no expense and put a ton of money into it. Now it sits in the safe and I shoot an STI.

Sure, at 3 times the price!

No. I used STI edge should cost you around $1800. I probably have more than that into my glock.

No. I used STI edge should cost you around $1800. I probably have more than that into my glock.

This.

Been there done what you did. Buy an Edge and save the wasted time of going with a glock.

Base Gen 4 35 $650

Lightened Slide/Work $3-500

Trigger and related parts $200 plus

Magwell $85+

Sights $75+

Barrel $175

Didn't include base pads as they will be an expense for either gun. I went the route you are trying to go. I, like darkvibe, probably had as much or more into my glock than what I spent on my nearly new edge. You can be competitive with a glock but the 2011 is simply a better platform for Limited.

That being said, if you are dead set on going glock, get the base gen 4, prob would go Zev slide, I really like the agency arms flat faced trigger and a Taran Connector (have it on a carry gun with factory connector), the magwell of your choosing and the Taran Tactical sights and basepads. A good trigger to check out with a flat face would be the DK idp flatline. I had one of his kits and like it but preferred the flat face, he didn't offer the flat face at the time. KKM barrel as well.

Ultimate Limited Glock - get a G24 if you can find one B)

Then add:

DK Custom trigger

Dawson sights

TTI base pads

TTI magwell

15lb. spring with whatever guide rod you like

That's really all you need and all I did to mine. When I switched to Limited I thought I might want a frame weight, but after actually shooting it I don't feel the need. And I can use my Production holster.

+1, this

I'm with Flex, I don't think you need much to be competitive with a glock in limited. Didn't Nils and Bob win limited nationals with one?

If you get a gen 4 magwell that isn't compatible with the backstrap, you can always trim the backstrap to stop at the top of the magwell.

I don't think you need to go the 2011 route especially if your duty/carry weapon is a glock.

Biggest thing I can add is to get a DK custom trigger!

Even though I wouldn't recommend doing it it, here is my ultimate limited Glock since you asked. This is actually what is done to my gun as it sits after a little bit of trial and error on a few things.

Gen 4 G35
Zev longshot stainless slide, DLC coated
Grip work by Zev - 50% backstrap reduction, finger grooves removed, silicon carbide coated, single undercut
KKM barrel coated in DLC
Lone wolf extractor
Lightning strike back plate
TTI sights
Zev stainless extended guide rod
ISMI recoil spring
Wolff reduced power striker spring
Zev extended skeletonized striker
Zev titanium nitride safety plunger
Wolff reduced power safety plunger spring
Wolff extra power trigger spring
Zev trigger, trigger bar, connector and housing
Zev brass magwell with heavy brass insert
Zev mag release
Tango down slide stop

Probably forgetting some stuff.

SJC frame weight

Dawson brass magwell or TTI magwell

TTI base pads

Dawson sights

KKM barrel

15lb recoil spring for major

For trigger either just a polish with a standard connector (no minus) with an extra power trigger spring and a 4lb striker spring with a jäger striker; or a DK trigger.

This gun would shoot real flat. Only thing you'd be giving up to a 2011 is a trigger imo. And I like the glock ergos better. I like the more aggressive angle and lower bore axis.

I'm considering this myself. Have a Stock 2 for production but limited is fun. Would be a cool steel challenge gun too. Maybe without the frame weight for that.

Edited by Honeybooboo

I put a list together for a G22/35+ that would come in at about $600 +/- features.

Used G22 $300. Sell Barrel for $50+/-

Taylor Freelance Sight Block $50

Lone Wolf G35 threaded barrel. $125

Zev competition spring trigger kit $25

25 cent trigger job $0.25

Dawson FO sight set. $80? I forget exact price.

Optional:

SJC Frame Weight $90.

Magwell, your favorite flavor $50-100.

Stippling job, frame undercut etc, $100-150 -or- soldering iron $20, Dremmel $50.

Holsters, mags, extensions all separate $.

I may have forgotten a few things. Shoot the crap out of it, save for a 2011 if that's what you want.

The glock won't hold you back. Just get the heaviest option when given the choice on parts. Don't waste money on a barrel for while. The stock one is plenty accurate and you can shoot hi-tek coated lead no problem. Spend that money on reloading supplies or a class.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Racingjoe, pretty sure A glock has never won USPSA lim nats. Although they have won L10 nats.

To the OP,if you want to shoot Limited, and keep it cheap pick up a used STI or even a para. I am not crapping on glocks they are good guns, but they don't make the best limited guns, if they did every one would use them.

Thanks for all of the replies and insight guys. I picked up the new 35 today. Took it out and shot 100 rounds of WWB 165gr FMJ just to be sure it functioned properly before we start cutting on it. WOW, this thing has some pop compared to my 147gr hand loads in my 34! Hopefully when all is said and done I can tame the recoil and muzzle flip. To be completely honest, the gun wasn't much fun to shoot in stock configuration with factory ammo.

Ordered everything we need to load .40 on the 650 today as well. What load have you guys found the 35 likes the best? Obviously soft shooting is paramount!